Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 07:43 PM

A right plonker

When my manageress and I went to a raptor center and took photos, we then retired to the cafe they had there.

Guy on the next table started ranting and cursing his new Nikon camera he bought the day before and claimed it was faulty and should have never bought a Nikon

. He really was doing his nut about it. So my manageress said I had Nikons which she borrowed sometimes, maybe she could help.He handed over the camera and my manageress,tried turning it on and nothing happened. Next she said can I have the battery that goes into it.

Well this guy went bright red, yes he not only had forgotten to put the battery in but also to charge it up.

Next thing was us seeing him storm out of the cafe blaming his wife for not reminding him.

Well we both looked at each other with raised eyebrows and smiled
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 07:59 PM

Re: A right plonker

Ha Ha. I bet he felt a right idiot. Serves him right for getting so irate.

Reminds me of when I was waiting for my appointment at the hospital and a man was making a fuss as he said he had left his glasses on the table and now it had disappeared. The nurses and us patients were looking all around until one of the nursing staff said " Sir they are not the glasses you are looking for that you've got on are they?" He went all sheepish said sorry and sat down.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 08:09 PM

Serves him right, some people just love to let off steam. It doesn't pay to be hasty until you check everything first, on Saturday the wife bought our toddler grandson a battery operated toy, she asked me for three AAA batteries and I got three sealed new ones from the shed, she put then in and switched the toy on, it wouldn't work, "Those batteries you gave me are wasted" says she. They are brand new and sealed I told her and asked her to check that they were in the correct way, they weren't and she was left red faced.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Serves him right, some people just love to let off steam. It doesn't pay to be hasty until you check everything first, on Saturday the wife bought our toddler grandson a battery operated toy, she asked me for three AAA batteries and I got three sealed new ones from the shed, she put then in and switched the toy on, it wouldn't work, "Those batteries you gave me are wasted" says she. They are brand new and sealed I told her and asked her to check that they were in the correct way, they weren't and she was left red faced.
thought you were gonna say she put them in sealed!!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 08:42 AM

Mind you, batteries do have a shelf life which is not all that long, so don't stock up too many of them.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 09:02 AM

Camera batteries are rechargable so last almost indefinately
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 09:04 AM

They will have a finite number of charges.
http://batterysavers.com/rechargeabl...s-and-answers/
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2015, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Mind you, batteries do have a shelf life which is not all that long, so don't stock up too many of them.
You are dead right there Purwell, a lot of people stock up on batteries and forget that they start to discharge after a while even when not in use, I found that out the hard way, now I just keep a few handy.
Ever notice how batteries for childrens toys don’t come with rechargeable batteries?, Christmas time and they make a killing on ordinary batteries. I still maintain there is an alternative out there to the batteries we all know and use today, there has to be, this is 2015 and we have been using more or less the same type of batteries since electricity was discovered, but for reasons of greed we are not going to see it for a very long time, in my opinion.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

17-09-2015, 09:37 PM

most DSLR cameras use Lithium batteries not you cheap common AA type ,so they hold their charge a lot longer

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top