Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 09:36 PM

Not a Happy Bunny

Im not Happy with the way I am being treated by the hospital since coming home [ after 2 wks. in there ] nearly 3 weeks ago, They say I have 3 separate problems which are being dealt with ,and they dont need to see me again, but IF I get very S.O.B. or chest pains. call 999, [ round & round we go ] They said I was 'wheezy & arranged for a different health team to come to my home & give me a nebulizer,But just last Saturday this team said I was no longer wheezing & they werent coming back, Im just going round & round in circles here, this has been on going for about 6 months, getting more often, but no one can tell me why I am having this breathing problems,just that I will probably have them for life [ Im 81 so thats a laugh] The other health team came gave me a spell with the nebulizer & will return tomorrow
As my friend says ' Youre just a cog in the wheel 'LOL
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 10:31 PM

Re: Not a Happy Bunny

Aw what a shame - If you've got a really nice sympathetic GP it might pay you to appeal to them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 08:49 PM

You need an advocate to give you a voice with your health team. It's not easy to be assertive when you are unwell.

You should have been discharged to a community team. If that hasn't happened speak to the hospital again and ask for the contact details of the community team. They should not be telling you to dial 999. They should be doing everything to stop you being put in that situation.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Im not Happy with the way I am being treated by the hospital since coming home [ after 2 wks. in there ] nearly 3 weeks ago, They say I have 3 separate problems which are being dealt with ,and they dont need to see me again, but IF I get very S.O.B. or chest pains. call 999, [ round & round we go ] They said I was 'wheezy & arranged for a different health team to come to my home & give me a nebulizer,But just last Saturday this team said I was no longer wheezing & they werent coming back, Im just going round & round in circles here, this has been on going for about 6 months, getting more often, but no one can tell me why I am having this breathing problems,just that I will probably have them for life [ Im 81 so thats a laugh] The other health team came gave me a spell with the nebulizer & will return tomorrow
As my friend says ' Youre just a cog in the wheel 'LOL

Is there not a P.A.L. contact you can speak to (Patient Liaison) to raise your concerns with and get the issues resolved darlin'???
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 10:34 AM

PALS is likely to be one of the services they've cut UJ. The sort of admin posts that glue the NHS together which most here think should be scrapped.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 04:08 PM

Annie I have been referred to a community team who have visited me,I have been given a nebulizer to help my breathing,My concern was during the night when I do get short of breath who do I call/where do I go ?,The community team closes at 8pm until 8am,so no help there,Thats when the hospital told me if I struggle to breathe to ring 999. I do feel I am being passed from 1 to another, 1st a community team were calling daily ,but 1 day I felt really ill & called 999 ending in hospital for 2 weeks, then I had a review at the hospital,now back to a community team,On Monday a different team are calling to assess my breathing, and on Wednesday another team will call to give physio advice on breathing
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

28-04-2018, 07:03 PM

But that's just so wrong Deylon because the community team should have 24 hour cover. This is what happens when they make cuts without thinking things through. Makes me fume. You're being fobbed off somewhere down the line because they are supposed to be stopping A&E admissions for this in your area. See this article :

http://www.harrowtimes.co.uk/news/16...es_A_E_visits/

Are you under the care of one of these healthcare organisations?

Anyway how are you feeling today?
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England

28-04-2018, 08:06 PM

Thankyou Annie, i dont know how this works,I tried to ring the rapid response team just after 8pm last night with a query but no one answered though the phone rang a long time. I presume that you would have to ring 111 or 999 and they would contact someone from rapid response team. I told the nurse from rapid response , who visited today, that I almost rang the emergency services about 2am today ,as I was feeling bad,but he made no comment about getting help anywhere out of hours
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

28-04-2018, 08:36 PM

You're right - there appears to be no rapid response 24 hour coverage in your area. Even the website doesn't tell you the opening hours....

https://www.clch.nhs.uk/services/rap...sponse-barnet#
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England

29-04-2018, 07:41 PM

I did ask the rapid response nurse today re this ,she said they only come to patients when asked by a G.P or Hospital and only between 8am-8pm. + they only come if they have been visiting already.out of these hours its 999,.As I said to the nurse I feel I am being passed around,his reply was " That means you are being cared for "So guess I must be lucky lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top