Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 09:16 PM

Re: Not a Happy Bunny

I was looking at this and it seems that different boroughs have different hours for rapid response teams. Were you to be living in Camden it would be 24/7. Lambeth/Southwark do 8am to 9.30pm. Westminster is also 24/7 as do many others. It varies but you have limited service because of where you live.

It's very disappointing particularly as it's resulting in more A&E admissions than necessary.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 08:07 PM

Here we go again.Rapid response are no longer coming to see me and have taken the nebuliser back.Today someone from the Respiratory team came ,shocked to see how bad my breathing was and my ankles swollen,but puzzled why,as my chest seems clear,advice [again]on using inhalers and a number to ring if I have any problems ,between the hours of 9am-5pm.No good I told her when I get really short of breath its night or early morning,so in that case its 111.On Wednesday someone else is coming to advise me on my breathing,so hoping they will help me
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 11:56 PM

Did they say why rapid response are no longer coming? Is it because they think they have spent 72 hours dealing with a crisis? It really does annoy me so much that you are being fobbed off in this way.

Are you under the care of a cardiologist?
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 09:16 PM

Thankyou Annie for your listening ear, it is very kind of you. No R'R did not say why they are not coming , only that they are handing me over to Respiratory team who will monitor my breathing and give me some exercises to do.Someone is coming tomorrow. As I have several different condition [Asthma ??/Heart/ Amnemia ] I dont think they know where to start so I am being referred to different teams all the time.I do feel angry that there is no night time back up apart from ringing 111/999.I dont want to go to A+E,which is what happens when I call them, but this is the state of the NHS now no dept .wants to spend their money,pass on to someone else.I just try to get through each day /night and hope my breathing doesnt get too bad.I find staying downstairs in my recliner chair helps

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top