Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 03:25 PM

Re: Breast Screening

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
You can't blame the NHS for everything it is overstretched as it is. We are fortunate that it is free at point of need. People are silly if they expect it to be perfect with no screw ups, it is run by humans not robots. Some would start to bleat if the national insurance was put up considerably to pay for it.
Well people always look for something to moan about! However, the person who has caused this has possible put peoples lives at risk.
I have always worked under pressure in banking, but if I had sent thousands of pounds from a customers account to the wrong place, the only person to blame would be me, so I am sure the NHS will blame the right person!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well people always look for something to moan about! However, the person who has caused this has possible put peoples lives at risk.
I have always worked under pressure in banking, but if I had sent thousands of pounds from a customers account to the wrong place, the only person to blame would be me, so I am sure the NHS will blame the right person!
Or maybe not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44016206
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 10:29 PM

You can't blame the NHS for everything it is overstretched as it is. We are fortunate that it is free at point of need. People are silly if they expect it to be perfect with no screw ups, it is run by humans not robots. Some would start to bleat if the national insurance was put up considerably to pay for it.
I disagree. It should be perfect with the amount of money going in. There's no excuse for mistakes when the original programming was most likely very expensive. It's not right that we accept mistakes in any service that taxpayers fund. It's not free at all, that's a misconception because you don't pay at a till when you use it, but our taxes are paying. We are all customers. This is not an area for complacency or excuses. No government spending should be taken for granted as "free", it's not.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 10:44 PM

Or maybe not.
I found a lump over ten years ago and got worried as you would. I had a mammogram and was told it was a cyst. I had a mammogram last year as part of the programme and it came back clear. So either it's gone or they realise it's not one to worry about. I don't think they can tell what's going to turn into a serious cancer or what's going to stay in situ. But one in three of those women would die were it not detected. So what should they do?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I disagree. It should be perfect with the amount of money going in. There's no excuse for mistakes when the original programming was most likely very expensive. It's not right that we accept mistakes in any service that taxpayers fund. It's not free at all, that's a misconception because you don't pay at a till when you use it, but our taxes are paying. We are all customers. This is not an area for complacency or excuses. No government spending should be taken for granted as "free", it's not.
The NHS needs a lot more money to maintain present standards, let alone improve them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

06-05-2018, 12:42 PM

How much money do you think it needs Tara?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 01:57 AM

The NHS needs a lot more money to maintain present standards, let alone improve them.
No - it doesn't. What it needs is someone to control how the money spent and put a stop to the wastage and corruption.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 05:39 AM

Hi

The NHS is wasteful and inefficient and does need more efficient management.

The other side of the coin is demographics and you can't beat them.

We are living longer, getting fatter, exercising less and diabetes for example now takes up 10% of the NHS Budget.

We need to pay more in.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

07-05-2018, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No - it doesn't. What it needs is someone to control how the money spent and put a stop to the wastage and corruption.
And you know that for a fact do you?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

07-05-2018, 10:19 AM

Some areas need more money other areas need less. Look at Deylon's situation. She can access a rapid response team only between the hours of 8am and 8pm and after that she has been told to ring A&E. Were she living in a neighbouring borough she could access rapid response 24 hours and A&E would not be admitting someone who could be treated by the community team.

This is the sort of patchwork of services we have following the Health and Social care act and constant restructuring since. The Health and Social care act is to blame. It's ever since then that services have become totally frayed and there's no sign it's achieved any reduction in cost. The opposite.

This has nothing to do with the breast screening issue which, according to news reports, is a programme created by Hitachi consulting. They are now saying it's not their fault.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...me-fiasco.html

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top