Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 08:31 AM

Natural Remedies do work for some.

Reading a thread or two in the General Health section over the past day or so I see a lot of posts on steroids and antibiotics.
Their good sides and bad sides.

Thought this piece maybe of interest to some.

Boost your bodies natural steroids

Steriods are often prescribed for autoimmune conditions and have terrible and considerable side effects.
Here are some suggestions to boost your own bodies steroid production and therefore hopefully reduce symptoms of disease without taking steroids.
Your bodys own steroid hormones are made by your adrenal glands. Support your adrenals to work better by cutting out sugar and caffeine in colas, coffee and tea.
Take:
- Pantethine, 600 mg a day - essential for the proper functioning of the adrenal glands and for the producing of natural steroids, called glucocorticoids. Pantethine increases essential omega-3 fatty acids in the body, which reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin C 1-2 g a day
- Vitamin B6 50-100 mg a day
- Vitamin A 12,500 IU a day
With many thanks to Natural Remedies at The Healthier Life
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 09:16 AM

Re: Natural Remedies do work for some.

The trouble is that as we age our endocrine system is no longer as effective as when young. The system is also greatly strained by chronic illness. So even with the best will in the world and the healthiest diets, people will need help from drugs to deal with chronic conditions. We are just living longer than ever before and our bodies cannot keep up because they were designed to be useful until about age 50.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 09:39 AM

Pantethine (Vit B5) is available in the following foods:-

1) Chicken Liver. 3 oz: 8.3 mg (83% DV)
2) Sunflower seeds. 1 oz: 1.98 mg (20% DV)
3) Salmon. 3 oz: 1.9 mg (20% DV)
4) Avocados. 1 fruit: 2 mg (20% DV)
5) Sun-dried tomatoes. 1 cup: 1.1 mg (10% DV)
6) Corn. 1 cup: 1.18 mg (12% DV)
7) Broccoli. 1 cup: 0.52 mg (5% DV)
8) Mushrooms.

All good for lowering cholesterol.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Pantethine (Vit B5) is available in the following foods:-

1) Chicken Liver. 3 oz: 8.3 mg (83% DV)
2) Sunflower seeds. 1 oz: 1.98 mg (20% DV)
3) Salmon. 3 oz: 1.9 mg (20% DV)
4) Avocados. 1 fruit: 2 mg (20% DV)
5) Sun-dried tomatoes. 1 cup: 1.1 mg (10% DV)
6) Corn. 1 cup: 1.18 mg (12% DV)
7) Broccoli. 1 cup: 0.52 mg (5% DV)
8) Mushrooms.

All good for lowering cholesterol.
And a dam sight tastier than a pill.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 03:06 PM

Natural remedies absolutely DO work and are far more effective and healthy than pharmaceutical pills and potions.

The range of available remedies is immense and one could spend a lifetime studying them and making personal records.

Everyone imo should do some level of research into them and get the basics nailed down. Your health would be vastly improved from doing so.

Here are just a tiny few of those I have used and proven worthwhile:

1. Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE)

Has 100 internal uses and as many external uses. About the strongest natural antibiotic which is also anti-viral, anti-septic, and anti- many other things. I NEVER leave home without a bottle of it. It gets rid of gastrointestinal problems very quickly. If you eat something bad, with bad bacteria and feel sick, a glass of water with GSE will kill the bugs in minutes and settle your stomach. I kicked Norovirus with it in 12hrs, a condition that last 72hrs for most. It will help with a sore throat if used straight away, otherwise its acidity will irritate. Externally it will kill fungal conditions, help with eczema and infected nails. Helps animals too.

2. Lemons and Ginger

An absolutely amazing product of nature. Will boost your immune system immensely and fend off colds and flu viruses.
Combined with fresh ginger you have a powerhouse of goodness. Ginger relieves gastro related issues and has lots of health benefits. Incorporate it into meals often.

3. Garlic

Used for 1000s of years for its health benefits. Simply an unquestionable health boon of nature. There are over 300 active compounds in garlic all working together in harmony. By contrast an average paracetamol tablet has just1 active ingredient. Garlic help regulate blood pressure, will kill infections and bacteria and much more. As with ginger, get as much of it into your daily meals as possible.

4. Capsicum

The powerful substance found in chilli peppers. Great for blood flow and opening up the tubes and other things. It is also great against pain, which may seem counter intuitive. If you have arthritis in your joints or back pains then grab some Glucosamine Gel from Holland and Barretts. Aside from the glucosamine element the primary ingredient is capsicum. The gel will relieve pain within a couple of minutes. I've seen numerous people try it and be flabbergasted by the instant results.

5. Liquorice Root Capsules

Will kill off a tooth abscess naturally if you're someone who doesn't like dentists. Equally takes away the pain of tooth ache.

6. Cabbage

If you have a stomach ulcer and related problems, cabbage is your friend. It contains compounds which relieve the irritation of ulcers and helps clear them up. You can make a soup with it and other ulcer busting ingredients.

Final Note 1

With just about every natural remedy you will find a raft of deliberate misinformation out there on the internet put there by the Big Pharmaceuticals and their puppets. Most of their drivel uses the age old scare story tactics to try and put people off. You MUST be prepared to wade through this minefield of misinformation to get to the truth. In the end you have try these natural things for yourself to prove their efficacy.

Final Note 2

It is VITAL to understand the difference between NATURAL remedies and supplements.

Garlic is 100% indisputably a fantastically healthy natural product.

Garlic capsules are snake oil. They are a product marketed at people who worry about the stinky breath problem of eating garlic. So the manufacturer removes the alicin part that creates the smell, but of course this is the part with all the health benefits.

Vitamin C is 100% a healthy and vital thing for our immune systems. Take you consumption of it from fresh lemons, grapefruits and other natural sources.

Vitamin C tablets/capsules imo are not the same and have nothing like the powerful efficacy of lemons.

You get the idea.

Generally speaking if you want a natural remedy then you will be walking into a grocer's store to get them or otherwise ordering a known reputable product online (like GSE).

I rarely walk into a Holland and Barretts store which is full of pills and capsules. It's good for Glucosamine Gel and for some natural health food products like grains, muesli etc.

So always always go with nature and eat what she provides in the form she provides it. Accept no substitutes.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 03:36 PM

Realist I agree with you that cabbage soup must be good for ulcers and garlic, lemon and ginger have great medicinal properties. But liquorice will no more kill off a dental abscess than taking steroids. If you have an abscess it needs proper treatment. Liquorice is meant to be good for acid reflux, but I found it totally useless. I'm surprised you missed off olive oil which is a great cure for many ills.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 03:39 PM

Interessting RS, what about iron deficiency? Tried three pharma prescriptions with dire results - binned. Taking B12 at the moment.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
But liquorice will no more kill off a dental abscess than taking steroids. If you have an abscess it needs proper treatment.
I must disagree with you here. I've proven this one myself.

Note in case anyone is misunderstanding, we are talking about liquorice root, not the black liquorice confectionary.
It greatly helps with dental issues and also helps repair the stomach lining.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 08:34 PM

There is a huge move going on at the moment to take away our choice on whether to use herbal/homeopathic/alternative/natural treatments and remedies.
Some even want acupuncture and chiropractic banned. Take drugs instead. Much better idea!

This is happening in human medicine and also in veterinary medicines too. The big drug companies must be rubbing their hands in anticipation of their sales increasing if this happens.

There are petitions running and things to sign if you want to help stop this happening.
Personally, if I want to use a drug-free alternative on myself or my animals, then I will and if I feel it is not appropriate at the time then I won't, but I do not relish that freedom of choice taken away from me.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a7852566.html
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
There is a huge move going on at the moment to take away our choice on whether to use herbal/homeopathic/alternative/natural treatments and remedies.
Some even want acupuncture and chiropractic banned. Take drugs instead. Much better idea!

This is happening in human medicine and also in veterinary medicines too. The big drug companies must be rubbing their hands in anticipation of their sales increasing if this happens.

There are petitions running and things to sign if you want to help stop this happening.
Personally, if I want to use a drug-free alternative on myself or my animals, then I will and if I feel it is not appropriate at the time then I won't, but I do not relish that freedom of choice taken away from me.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a7852566.html
I didn't know this, thank you for bringing it to my attention. They take so much freedom of choice from us its just not right. I'll sign and I want to help stop this happening for sure.

Thanks for sharing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top