Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 01:22 PM

Re: Rain's arrived.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It's blown my favourite Dahlia over which was in a big stone pot! I am leaving it lying down for the mo, it will probably be safer than getting knocked over twice.

Will your beans blow this way in time for me Sunday dinner, dongle?
I'll try and catch them in me pinny.
I bet it's chaos in the garden centres today what with all the plants blowing over.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I bet it's chaos in the garden centres today what with all the plants blowing over.
I bet it is too. Can't hurt my garden, it's a jungle anyway.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
He can stay out in the rain cooking on the barbecue while everyone eats inside. It's the best thing for ex-bosses.
Oh, he'll do that for sure. He's a good bloke and down to earth. He even has a broad north-Lancashire accent, which we occasionally make fun of.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 02:47 PM

People in the South, you need to batten down the hatches. Don't go outside unless absolutely essential and, if you really have to drive, take the greatest care.

People in the North, you might need your big coat.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
People in the South, you need to batten down the hatches. Don't go outside unless absolutely essential and, if you really have to drive, take the greatest care.

People in the North, you might need your big coat.
I just rescued two garden trugs that flew across the patio, I have now anchored them under the garden table.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-08-2019, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I just rescued two garden trugs that flew across the patio, I have now anchored them under the garden table.
Oh, good heavens. Trugs? That's nothing. Happens all the time here.

Up here, we had chairs, table, garden swing all flying around the garden right, left and centre.

Nothing unusual, of course.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, good heavens. Trugs? That's nothing. Happens all the time here.

Up here, we had chairs, table, garden swing all flying around the garden right, left and centre.

Nothing unusual, of course.

No, the chairs and tables are nothing unusual here either, JBR.

My shed roof was found in the next street, my wheelie bins (which were full of heavy stuff) blew into the town, my car moved into next door's driveway, and my drawers off the washing line were last sighted just off the coast of Calais -- and I was still wearing one pair!

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 11:19 PM

Goodnight All.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-08-2019, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No, the chairs and tables are nothing unusual here either, JBR.

My shed roof was found in the next street, my wheelie bins (which were full of heavy stuff) blew into the town, my car moved into next door's driveway, and my drawers off the washing line were last sighted just off the coast of Calais -- and I was still wearing one pair!

That's nothing!

Our house was lifted up last year and blown all the way across the other side of town.

Then a couple of weeks later when the wind changed, it was blown all the way back again, exactly to where it started out.

And I can prove that's not exaggeration: if you look at it now it is exactly in place, completely aligned with the front path.

Strangely - believe it or not - all the services: electrical cables, water and gas pipes, drains, etc. were all back in exact alignment too.

The proof is there for all to see.

BTW, I hope you got all your bloomers back. You'd be lost without them.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 11:24 PM

Lot of wind in the Afternoon

No rain some last night

Its all normal now.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top