Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 10:51 AM

Re: How Would You Feel If The Number Of Hours You Have Spent On This Forum Was.....

Originally Posted by muddy ->
i think we are sisters by a different mother .

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 10:52 AM

Re: How Would You Feel If The Number Of Hours You Have Spent On This Forum Was.....

It's just a hobby like any other Arty, and it's nice to interact with other people. I never log out either and I can easily while away a morning just browsing and commenting on the latest posts. I don't take a newspaper or watch the news so I get all my news on here, and at the same time read what other people think about a news item. If it interests me then I will follow a link or chase up the story elsewhere.

Sitting in a maths lesson when I was young learning all about algebra, or an hour of religious studies, now that was a complete waste of time.....
These days as I'm getting older I spend less time rushing around and more time sitting, I'm not a big telly watcher these days as most of the stuff is repeated and I've probably seen it before, so as well as interacting with such a nice collection of, sometimes 'Diverse' people, I can have a rest as well.....

In summary........Time well spent!....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My daughter once told me, that looking at a screen for hours causes dry eyes. She said, when you’re staring at a screen for a long time, you don’t blink and so your eyes don’t get lubricated.
Since the early 1980s I have been working on computers and due, I believe, to following the advice given in those early days, have never experienced problems (touch wood). In those days screens were very unlike they are today, they were very harsh often with a coloured background and white lettering. The advice given was to ensure you do blink regularly as well as having a break from the screen every hour or so. We were also advised to look up every so often, past the screen at an object the other side of the room perhaps, but always further away. This allows the muscles to refocus your eyes, this is what we do all the time when not staring at a screen. I also find that keeping the brightness level down as much as possible saves my eyes from becoming too tired.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's just a hobby like any other Arty, and it's nice to interact with other people. I never log out either and I can easily while away a morning just browsing and commenting on the latest posts. I don't take a newspaper or watch the news so I get all my news on here, and at the same time read what other people think about a news item. If it interests me then I will follow a link or chase up the story elsewhere.

Sitting in a maths lesson when I was young learning all about algebra, or an hour of religious studies, now that was a complete waste of time.....
These days as I'm getting older I spend less time rushing around and more time sitting, I'm not a big telly watcher these days as most of the stuff is repeated and I've probably seen it before, so as well as interacting with such a nice collection of, sometimes 'Diverse' people, I can have a rest as well.....

In summary........Time well spent!....
I completely agree with that Foxy and would like to add German to it too. I liked German lessons but have never had to use it.

I suppose if we knew how many hours we have spent on here it might be a shock but then we would probably be shocked at how many hours we spend in the loo or gazing out the window.

Anyway, it would only be replaced with stupid things like housework.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I would be horrified .
I know I spend too much time on here .
Ditto!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I completely agree with that Foxy and would like to add German to it too. I liked German lessons but have never had to use it.

I suppose if we knew how many hours we have spent on here it might be a shock but then we would probably be shocked at how many hours we spend in the loo or gazing out the window.

Anyway, it would only be replaced with stupid things like housework.
A good point Longdogs.....
We never took German or French at our school, I don't suppose they ever thought a little scrote from a South Yorkshire pit village would ever travel that far anyway...They didn't consider us being taken over by the EU either did they....Perhaps they should have taught us Arabic instead....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 04:04 PM

To all those who are embarrassed at the time they spend here, this is my advice.......

It is your life so you make choices that suit you! A lot of knowledge comes from conversation & chatting can help you understand people better... so never feel pressured into stopping doing something you enjoy.

If you don't enjoy it, ask you doctor to refer you to a psychologist!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-08-2019, 08:09 PM

I don't begrudge a single minute I've spent on the forum, and it's a lot better than taking drugs.....Or even SEX....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
To all those who are embarrassed at the time they spend here, this is my advice.......

It is your life so you make choices that suit you! A lot of knowledge comes from conversation & chatting can help you understand people better... so never feel pressured into stopping doing something you enjoy.

If you don't enjoy it, ask you doctor to refer you to a psychologist!
You'll have a job getting an appointment, all the older psychologists are spending too much time here, and re-evaluating.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I just realised I didn't even log out of the site, I wasn't here half the time but i.m here far too much. There is no way to completely delete your profile on here and that sometimes does piss me off. I.d like the option of deleting my whole profile should I want to
I felt the same way, LQ, a short while ago. I found I could remove all the photos, and info I had put there. It helped me to feel like I wasn't really here. No one looks at it anyway.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top