Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 01:00 PM

Re: What motivates you these days?

Nothing, after 84yrs of motivating myself l've decided its
time to go with the flow for a change!
Regards Donkeyman!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Nothing, after 84yrs of motivating myself l've decided its
time to go with the flow for a change!
Regards Donkeyman!
You're very switched on for 84(!) Donkeyman.
You have nothing to worry about mate
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by precious ->
Long Post but I forgive you. I would suggest you read Chestertons Orthodoxy but it might go over your head.
I read it. Tough though that was as most of it was an endless parade of name dropping. I mean he must had managed to slip in the name and quotes of just about every philosopher, writer and famous person of his time. I guess he believed that might add weight to his "arguments".

Nothing he wrote there remotely convinces me that spending a lifetime believing in and devoting oneself to a nonsensical, imaginary all powerful all loving God is of any merit.

Chesterton waxes lyrical about the failings of all other life philosophies and religions, the pessimists, optimists, pagans, pantheists, athiests, you name it, but he comes up empty on any meaningful or credible alternative.

Religion and it's horrifying control over a dumbed down populous is holding back the progression of mankind and enslaving it to manmade ancient creeds that are archaic, ridiculous and harmful to all.

It needs to stop.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 11:37 PM

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions......"

very poetic in my opinion.
Clarity
New Member!
London
Clarity is female 

23-08-2019, 08:16 AM

My grandchildren. My unfinished book.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 09:13 AM

Same here as for many others....my grandkids motivate me...they make me do things I would never do without them like jumping on trampolines and daring to go down massive slides because they won't do it unless I do

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top