Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 01:37 PM

The King was Irish.

Read this in yesterdays paper.

ELVIS fans will be All Shook Up — the King was IRISH.
The legendary rock’n’roll star might have sung about wellies instead of blue suede shoes if his family had stayed.
New research has revealed his ancestors actually came from the village of Hacketstown, Co Carlow.
Presley’s forefathers found themselves in Heartbreak Hotel, after a local row over land forced them to flee to America more than 200 years ago.
Carlow historian Michael Purcell discovered the Don’t Be Cruel singer’s ancestor William Presley fled the country for the US after being savagely battered by a group of “evil” people. William later moved to Carolina where he had a son called Dunnan, and then moved on to Tennessee.
Dunnan’s granddaughter Rosella was born in 1863.
She never married but had several children, including one called Jessie. He named his son Vernon Elvis Presley, the man who went on to become the king.

I used to love that song he sang "It's Cow or Heifer "
Wonder if the new Pope's ancestors came from Kerry.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 02:11 PM

Re: The King was Irish.

'Its now or never' - Italian song I believe....
Good post Jem - I might have known he'd be Irish - doesn't surprise Pats - great singer for sure
"I just wanna be your - Teddy O'Hare".......
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 03:58 PM

Now hasnt the whole world got a bit of Irish blood in their veins begorra.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 04:23 PM

I bet if you look hard enough, you'll find thats true Annie - even if its only a thimble full
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 08:32 PM

Teddy O'Hare , I believe Paul McCartney has Irish connections too, loved the bagpipes in that song he sings 'Mulligan's tyre'.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top