Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 04:14 PM

Your favourite flowers..

My partner has bought me a dozen red roses..Long stemmed..perfectly formed..but don't actually smell like roses..I prefer those cabbage ones..who don't look so good in a vase..but smell like heaven..

My other favourites are sweet peas..lilac..and I adore the heavenly blue of delphiniums..and the outrageous reds of poppies..
Itzliz
United kingdom...
Itzliz is female 

04-05-2014, 04:53 PM

Re: Your favourite flowers..

Well love the Jasmine for the fragrance, Lliac and the Gardenia's are out of this world .......
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 05:01 PM

I have a lilac hedge running around the perimeter of my garden..I often go outside to find passers-by getting high on their fragrance...

And just laying back in the trees..
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 05:05 PM

I like all flowers but if I have to choose a favourite it has to be incurved chrysanths. I also like their slightly spicy scent.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 05:11 PM

I love the wildflowers most of all and my favourite are cornflowers. A neighbour gave me a huge pot of these mixed with poppies, beautiful!
lilac
West yorks uk

04-05-2014, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I like all flowers but if I have to choose a favourite it has to be incurved chrysanths. I also like their slightly spicy scent.
Yes chrysanthemums do have a strange smell..and very beautiful..a bit like Dahlia's..I picked a big bunch for my mother..the colours were glorious..however 5 minutes after putting them in a vase for her..the table was covered in earwigs..
lilac
West yorks uk

04-05-2014, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I love the wildflowers most of all and my favourite are cornflowers. A neighbour gave me a huge pot of these mixed with poppies, beautiful!
We used to do that..cornflowers..poppies..and barley..in a vase..

The essence of an English summer..
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 05:43 PM

my Hubby always see's that I don't run out of flowers in the house, and I have to agree with you Alan, Chrysanths are a first with me.
P
lilac
West yorks uk

04-05-2014, 05:48 PM

My mother loved chrysanths...however after living in France for a while..Chrysanthemums were always taken to the cemetary on November 1st..I don't really want them in the house..the same as blossom...

Bad luck..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 09:50 PM

I love roses (not the fragrance-free shop bought ones), Cottage garden Pinks, and Sweet peas for fragrance, and loads of others for colour, blooms and cut flowers. My pink & cream Peony has wonderful stems for a vase, likewise the Agapanthus.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top