Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 08:37 PM

Re: Unbelievable cruelty

What I can't understand is if the dog was not wanted there are plenty of rescue societies that could help.

Slightly different but same tack was when we had boarding kennels, it was not unknown for dog owners to try and get their dog boarded late into and during a pregnancy

Obviously in our cases we refused to take the dog, imagine if something went wrong or the dog died? our kennels would have landed up in court.

There are dog lovers and those that pretend to be dog lovers until something occurs they can't handle. Then unfortunately it is always the dog that suffers
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 11:35 PM

In a way, I am glad they were dumped, because now they have got away from the hell hole they must have been forced to endure for so long.

I have just read of a case where someone gouged both eyes out of a dog, then turned him out on the street, totally blind. This dog is now in safe hands too.

There is so much more sick behaviour in humans, than there ever will be seen in animals.
That is I want to say, because it distresses me so much.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 11:47 PM

In many ways the breeders are also at fault.

Our beagle was sold by 'one of the top breeders in the country'
This does not mean the best for the dog it just means he has won more prizes and charges more for his dogs.. this idiot sold a male beagle to a woman who weighed about 250kg and could hardly walk.. It was plainly obvious that she was in no way able to take care of or provide the necessary stimulus for a hunting dog..But she had cash and he wanted $$$.
When we got Benny aged 11 months he was bad mannered and traumatised because her son had decided the best way to get rid of their problem was to throw the dog in the canal and let it drown.. Luckily he survived and has been with us for nearly 13 years.

Another breeder sold an elderly couple a border collie..When they couldnt cope with the hyperactive pup they starved it and tried beating it into submission.
Oscar was taken from them weighing only 1 /3 of his proper weight his ribs had been broken and he had wounds from an air rifle.
For 11 years he was my devoted friend .

Breeders who put money before the welfare of the dog should be banned from breeding/keeping animals too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 01:03 AM

Entirely agree Cass. Sadly, where money is involved, it will always happen.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
In many ways the breeders are also at fault.

Our beagle was sold by 'one of the top breeders in the country'
This does not mean the best for the dog it just means he has won more prizes and charges more for his dogs.. this idiot sold a male beagle to a woman who weighed about 250kg and could hardly walk.. It was plainly obvious that she was in no way able to take care of or provide the necessary stimulus for a hunting dog..But she had cash and he wanted $$$.
When we got Benny aged 11 months he was bad mannered and traumatised because her son had decided the best way to get rid of their problem was to throw the dog in the canal and let it drown.. Luckily he survived and has been with us for nearly 13 years.

Another breeder sold an elderly couple a border collie..When they couldnt cope with the hyperactive pup they starved it and tried beating it into submission.
Oscar was taken from them weighing only 1 /3 of his proper weight his ribs had been broken and he had wounds from an air rifle.
For 11 years he was my devoted friend .

Breeders who put money before the welfare of the dog should be banned from breeding/keeping animals too.
Sensible post Cass, no one knows about the owner of these dogs who may have awful problems themselves, yet some condemn and even suggest killing them.
I see plenty of bad behavior from so called loving pet owners. Im glad the dogs are now being cared for. When we stopped showing our Hungarian Puli we decided to have her cords shorn. She was like a black Spring lamb, and almost puppy like again, im sure the loss of the coat on these will have the same effect.

I think its time that pet ownership became much harder and subject to more stringent measures.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Sensible post Cass, no one knows about the owner of these dogs who may have awful problems themselves, yet some condemn and even suggest killing them.
I see plenty of bad behavior from so called loving pet owners. Im glad the dogs are now being cared for. When we stopped showing our Hungarian Puli we decided to have her cords shorn. She was like a black Spring lamb, and almost puppy like again, im sure the loss of the coat on these will have the same effect.

I think its time that pet ownership became much harder and subject to more stringent measures.
I do agree people may find themselves in very difficult situations but, there is help available and they could have asked for it before things got this bad.
I do agree that ownership of animals should be under stricter control but breeding and selling should also be tackled. No point putting house vist and risk assesment rules in place for rescue centers and KC breeders if the BYB ( back yard breeders) can skirt all of that and sell via sites like pets@home or gumtree.

Its stunning to think that that thers more paperwork involved in buying a 50cc motor scooter than there is buying a dog cat or even a horse.
My dogs are all/have been rescues and although the owners have often been at fault the breeders and sellers of the dogs and my parrot were equally if not more so at fault.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I do agree people may find themselves in very difficult situations but, there is help available and they could have asked for it before things got this bad.
I do agree that ownership of animals should be under stricter control but breeding and selling should also be tackled. No point putting house vist and risk assesment rules in place for rescue centers and KC breeders if the BYB ( back yard breeders) can skirt all of that and sell via sites like pets@home or gumtree.

Its stunning to think that that thers more paperwork involved in buying a 50cc motor scooter than there is buying a dog cat or even a horse.
My dogs are all/have been rescues and although the owners have often been at fault the breeders and sellers of the dogs and my parrot were equally if not more so at fault.
Im not making excuses for the neglect, however there was a time in my life that i was reduced to a state where i was seriously neglecting myself. This state endured for over a year before circumstances came to the attention of the outside world, apart from weight loss there were no other visible signs.

If i had a pet im sure it would have suffered because of my condition, not through a lack of love,and yes the breeders are responsible for much of what goes on.

I attended many dog shows during the 70`s and 80`s, so called animal lovers gave rival dogs broken teeth via a hammer, acid thrown in the coats and even poisoned food, i dont of course condemn all pet owners because of these actions.
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 05:01 PM

So many people feel the same as I do and I still can't bear to look at this picture. I really feel hatred for whoever did it.
My poor little dog Beau was in a similar condition when rescued from a puppy farm. On being rescued from the cage where he had lived for six years, he had to be shaved, have a chronic ear infection treated and a couple of teeth out. He also had a dislocated knee joint which had been left unattended so he walks with a limp. Wonderful to say, once these dogs are cared for, they will be like a him and be a beautiful dog who is now after 5mths developing a real of personality. We love him to bits and he knows it.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 05:30 PM

I used to know a lady involved in rescue-it takes a big heart and a bigger stomach not to throw up and some folks` cruelty.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 10:10 PM

Our wee Mandy was found in a bramble bush, with her brother, both of them had their mouths taped up. My dad had been walking our other dog Cindy, and heard them crying. I might also add that Cindy was dumped in a bin bag outside the local mental hospital.

Some people are truly sick and cruel.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top