Join for free
Page 13 of 79 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 > Last »
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2013, 11:38 PM

Re: Merged Facebook threads.

Originally Posted by Michael ->
PLEASE place your mouse over my name above (DO NOT CLICK), a window will appear, now move the mouse on “FRIENDS" (also without clicking), then down to "Settings", click here and a list will appear. REMOVE the CHECK on "LIFE EVENTS" and "COMMENTS & LIKES".
I moved my mouse to your name above (I didn't click on it) NOTHING HAPPENED, no window, no friends, nothing mind you most of your post didn't make any sense to me and I wouldn't go near the book face thing for love nor money now
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I've been on Facebook for years and never had a bit of bother. If you make your account private then it stays that way.. Also some people put everything about themselves up on their page, If you don't put the information on there then it can't be used..i love a couple of the games and play them a lot. I don't go on there to chat or publish myself.
The thing is Roxy by saying you make your account private you are saying you trust their security which I can not. There has been a hack only recently so how can you possibly trust them.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2013, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
The thing is Roxy by saying you make your account private you are saying you trust their security which I can not. There has been a hack only recently so how can you possibly trust them.
I don't...but I trust Myself. As I said......If you don't put the information about yourself on your page then there's nothing to hack. I only go there for Farmville not to tell the world all about my day.

This is my page, as you can see there's nothing about me under my avatar, it's waiting for me to add things......I won't.

Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2013, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
I moved my mouse to your name above (I didn't click on it) NOTHING HAPPENED, no window, no friends, nothing mind you most of your post didn't make any sense to me and I wouldn't go near the book face thing for love nor money now
You have to be logged into Facebook to activate this feature.

As a matter of interest try your own address and postcode in Google and see what pops up?

Also try your own name and town in Google.

You might be surprised?

The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2013, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Michael ->
[
As a matter of interest try your own address and postcode in Google and see what pops up?

Also try your own name and town in Google.

You might be surprised?

The only info there is about me as what is contained on the Electoral Roll. But then I have never been on Facebook or Twitter and never will. These 2 sites are too big and are being targeted all the time to obtain information. Even if you don't have much on your page once you start talking to others they will gain data abut you. There have been reports of people being targeted just for playing a game on FB as well. Best avoided like the plague IMO.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2013, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
The only info there is about me as what is contained on the Electoral Roll. But then I have never been on Facebook or Twitter and never will. These 2 sites are too big and are being targeted all the time to obtain information. Even if you don't have much on your page once you start talking to others they will gain data abut you. There have been reports of people being targeted just for playing a game on FB as well. Best avoided like the plague IMO.
You're absolutely right, if you 'speak' to someone on there and say something like "Hope you're dog is over the operation" you will suddenly find dog related advertisements appearing, some people who are not too bright don't notice this and think it's just a coincidence, it ain't and as I've said before my trial on the booky face thing didn't impress me at all. I made sure no information about me went on and where they required mandatory stuff I invented a DoB and underwent a sex change operation
The Dog Lover
Watford

19-02-2013, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
where they required mandatory stuff I invented a DoB and underwent a sex change operation
Ha ha I like it
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2013, 02:06 PM

Found an interesting message in the "other" box of the message section. Its GOT to be a scam because this bloke said he'd seen my profile picture and couldn't stop looking at it. Said I looked attractive (ermm!), honest and sincere (well, yes I hope I am!) and wanted to be my friend! He was quite a nice looking younger chap with a child and his profile said he was a widow.

Also in my message box was something similar from a WOMAN.

Wonder why they chose me and needless to say they have been deleted!!

Has anyone else had these?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2013, 02:18 PM

Dont go on Facebook - I would guess your not the only one gal - and it will be leading to something more down the road - if you responded ...
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2013, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Dont go on Facebook - I would guess your not the only one gal - and it will be leading to something more down the road - if you responded ...
Yes, that's why I didn't, especially the woman!!

Page 13 of 79 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top