Join for free
Page 584 of 1676 « First < 84 484 534 574 582 583 584 585 586 594 634 684 1084 1584 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 11:12 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Well done Jem. Yes, a quid will always be a quid, and a pound of flesh a pound.
yes I do like the way Jem keeps a breast of things?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 12:08 AM

all breasts placed - thank you ladies - oops sorry that should have been bets! is this the candy bar or the cheeky bar - everyfing is upside down here
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 12:49 AM

Good Night you lovely people.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 01:46 PM

This thread has gone far to quiet!

On Friday night there was a police raid in my road!
It was about 3 am in the morning, I was asleep but hubby being a nosey git, filmed it. In 2007 there was a police raid further down the road, £1.8 million pounds were found under the floorboards! It is such a quiet area and all the houses are detached, it is also a very long avenue, so who knows what goes on behind closed doors. This incident has NOT made the news yet - so shh keep it to yourselves.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

15-04-2018, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
This thread has gone far to quiet!

On Friday night there was a police raid in my road!
It was about 3 am in the morning, I was asleep but hubby being a nosey git, filmed it. In 2007 there was a police raid further down the road, £1.8 million pounds were found under the floorboards! It is such a quiet area and all the houses are detached, it is also a very long avenue, so who knows what goes on behind closed doors. This incident has NOT made the news yet - so shh keep it to yourselves.
it's made the news now - I put it in the Canberra Times just now!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

15-04-2018, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
it's made the news now - I put it in the Canberra Times just now!!
There is a thread in Chat about secrets you know
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 03:11 PM

This thread has always been quiet Sweetie, they all nod off every now and then, except when they get sudden spasms of inspiration then they hop on the keyboard quickly before they forget what they thought of.
Police raids, that must have been exciting, and I.8 million quid under the floorboards, so I’m not the only one who doesn’t trust the banks.
Years ago the banks used to pay you for holding your money now you pay them, and with them nearly going bust not too long ago I’d say there are a lot of people who sky away their cash these days, but under the floorboards is not a very good hiding place, there are far more inventive and safer locations about a property.
There are no laws to prevent people accumulating cash as far as I know, unless you can’t prove where you got it from, I always deal in cash except when buying stuff on the net, only problem with keeping large amounts at home for a long time is you’d have to keep a check on the bank note changes, but I gather if you produced an old white fiver from the war years the central bank would still have to pay you the face value of it. Do you remember when it used to say “I Promise to pay the bearer on demand” on the notes?
Personally If I had that kind of money I’d invest it in gold and diamonds and leave it in a safety deposit box, the annual fee would be well worth it in the long run, although a lot of the smart boy’s were caught out in that one a few years ago with the Hatton Garden job (April 2015), there is no such thing as absolute security is there?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 03:21 PM

Don't let this thread change Jem, I very much enjoy the witticisms of you lads, it's very clever how you feed off each other so quickly.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 03:43 PM

Jem I also echo Mags sentiments on Leisurely scribbles and our lads.

New comers may not realise just how long this thread has been entertaining us with witty stories and anecdotes.for those that choose to look in. You only have to read back parts 1,2,3,4 from over the years to understand what I mean.

It may at times seem to lose it's off beat quirkiness and gasp a little for breath but as always it recovers to continue to amuse and even enlighten us. Long may it continue to do so.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

15-04-2018, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
This thread has always been quiet Sweetie, they all nod off every now and then, except when they get sudden spasms of inspiration then they hop on the keyboard quickly before they forget what they thought of.
Police raids, that must have been exciting, and I.8 million quid under the floorboards, so I’m not the only one who doesn’t trust the banks.
Years ago the banks used to pay you for holding your money now you pay them, and with them nearly going bust not too long ago I’d say there are a lot of people who sky away their cash these days, but under the floorboards is not a very good hiding place, there are far more inventive and safer locations about a property.
There are no laws to prevent people accumulating cash as far as I know, unless you can’t prove where you got it from, I always deal in cash except when buying stuff on the net, only problem with keeping large amounts at home for a long time is you’d have to keep a check on the bank note changes, but I gather if you produced an old white fiver from the war years the central bank would still have to pay you the face value of it. Do you remember when it used to say “I Promise to pay the bearer on demand” on the notes?
Personally If I had that kind of money I’d invest it in gold and diamonds and leave it in a safety deposit box, the annual fee would be well worth it in the long run, although a lot of the smart boy’s were caught out in that one a few years ago with the Hatton Garden job (April 2015), there is no such thing as absolute security is there?
You do look at the innocence of things Jem
Obviously, it was drug money, either to be laundered or used to buy illegal drugs on the first raid. Before the others start, that does NOT mean washed in a machine

The latest raid I do believe was drugs again, there were some white sacks being carried out by police officers.
My Hubby foolishly thought it was Arms, but the response team would have different. I would think Cannabis plants - many!

As for your comments on the old paper money, I was thinking of an old black and white film, I watched it as a child with my Dad. I am sure it was called the hundred pound bank note. Does anyone know this film?

Hatton Garden very well planned but foiled. Although there is one still missing. I thought they were making a film for TV about this. I would have to Google to check, and I can't be bothered.

Hopefully, this thread IS back on track. I did notice that a certain member was missing, and I thought this is all my fault. So I have done my utmost to put it right.

Page 584 of 1676 « First < 84 484 534 574 582 583 584 585 586 594 634 684 1084 1584 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top