Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2016, 10:55 AM

Re: Rescue don't buy ????

Sounds like you live in the country Abbey, try going to a local farmer they usually have hundreds of cats.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2016, 11:21 AM

Thanks Wrinkly it may well come to that . I was just trying to do the right thing and give a cat in rescue a lovely home .
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2016, 07:12 PM

My son & I are also having problems trying to adopt a dog. We tried Battersea several times each time a different reason why we couldnt get one, First they took ages to home visit & an older dog we lked was taken off their web site ,because she was showing 'adverse behavouir to children', she was never heard of again.Then some pups were denied to us as ,' too stressful for me ' I could only have a dog over 5 yrs.old, The next we couldnt have because he didnt like cats, then the next 'jumped up face high ',so not suitable, they suggested one dog for us but when I rang today to reserve it my son had an e.mail to say it wasnt 'suitable' because it ' may jump over our 4 ft. high fence, It is impossible to speak to anyone direct, you have to leave a message & theyll' get back to you We have tried Dogs Trust, but the ones we liked they wouldnt let us have ,because we have a cat,Yet over the years we have had a mix of 3 cats & 3 dogs.I have tried vets but they dont know of any
According to reports there are 100s of cats/dogs looking for homes ,Whre are they?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2016, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
Thanks Wrinkly it may well come to that . I was just trying to do the right thing and give a cat in rescue a lovely home .

Keep on trying and good luck. I find your tale very sad.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
My son & I are also having problems trying to adopt a dog. We tried Battersea several times each time a different reason why we couldnt get one, First they took ages to home visit & an older dog we lked was taken off their web site ,because she was showing 'adverse behavouir to children', she was never heard of again.Then some pups were denied to us as ,' too stressful for me ' I could only have a dog over 5 yrs.old, The next we couldnt have because he didnt like cats, then the next 'jumped up face high ',so not suitable, they suggested one dog for us but when I rang today to reserve it my son had an e.mail to say it wasnt 'suitable' because it ' may jump over our 4 ft. high fence, It is impossible to speak to anyone direct, you have to leave a message & theyll' get back to you We have tried Dogs Trust, but the ones we liked they wouldnt let us have ,because we have a cat,Yet over the years we have had a mix of 3 cats & 3 dogs.I have tried vets but they dont know of any
According to reports there are 100s of cats/dogs looking for homes ,Whre are they?
Have you tried "Many Tears " , they are in Wales . Or the other thing you could try are specific breed recues .Also the oldies club they are all over the country you can see all the dogs they have online .
I know how you feel it's very upsetting .
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK

24-03-2016, 12:24 PM

Yay ! I have finally got a branch of the CPL interested in my offer of a home . They have spoken to my vets who told them of the sort of home I have . I am today gong to see a cat . He is about 50 miles from here but that's no problem . Fingers crossed we all like each other and he can come home with us .
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 12:38 PM

Yay! Well done for your perseverence.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 12:42 PM

Good luck!
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 06:29 PM

We have a few rescue homes near us although I live in a small village.and we never had any trouble when we adopted our two dogs, one a chinese crested cross and one a Yorkie cross who had always lived together, Tilly was 5 years and Lucy was 18 months. and they have given us so much pleasure over the years, sadly we lost out Tilly at age 12 but Lucy is still going strong. the place we adopted from was a smaller home so perhaps a smaller home would be easier to adopt from
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
Yay ! I have finally got a branch of the CPL interested in my offer of a home . They have spoken to my vets who told them of the sort of home I have . I am today gong to see a cat . He is about 50 miles from here but that's no problem . Fingers crossed we all like each other and he can come home with us .
Hope you're successful!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top