Join for free
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 10:47 AM

You know you're addicted to gardening when...

You get home from walking the dog in torrential rain and you spot a plant that would be happier growing somewhere else in your garden.
So you think, " What the hell, I'm already soaked through"...!!!

Are you daft about plants like me?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 10:59 AM

Re: You know you're addicted to gardening when...

Not quite like you no, I do the buying and a bit of the planning, but I'm a fair weather gardener, if it's raining I'm in side getting dry after walking the dogs.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 03:26 PM

I think it's the best time to change your garden around in the rain, as then you can tell which is getting the water.. Also you don't have to water them in as there already wet
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 03:37 PM

I knew there'd be method in my madness!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 05:06 PM

I tend to look out of the window a lot when it's raining, wishing I could get out there to do some work but I also do that when it's not raining.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
You get home from walking the dog in torrential rain and you spot a plant that would be happier growing somewhere else in your garden.
So you think, " What the hell, I'm already soaked through"...!!!

Are you daft about plants like me?
Sounds like me Tessa I have become obsessed with my garden of late, my son thinks I need treatment for this affliction
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2017, 01:18 AM

I did it this morning to remove some tin foil plates I use to keep the squirrel off the potted tulip bulbs. It was drizzling...heaven knows what the neighbours think as I was just out of the shower with a towel on my head and in my dressing gown
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 08:43 AM

I went out in my dressing gown the other day to feed the birds
My semi tame peasant flew off squawking like a banshee.
I am not that bad surely ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 09:14 PM

I meant pheasant.
The peasants around here are not that tame!!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I tend to look out of the window a lot when it's raining, wishing I could get out there to do some work but I also do that when it's not raining.
I do that ... it's amazing just how slow the grass can grow when you're sat watching it. Never needs cutting does it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top