Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 11:23 PM

Can We Talk About Typical Things Elderly People Do....

There are lots of things elderly people do, that they never did when they were younger.
Do you do things now that you never did before when you were younger?
Or can you think of any of the things you have noticed other elderly people do?

Funny and serious posts are most welcome.

Here are a couple.... Many elderly people love to talk about their illnesses and operations. Scars are flashed, like trophies!

They love their cuppas!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 12:47 AM

Re: Can We Talk About Typical Things Elderly People Do....

Being old, grandmothers- mothers -and granddaughters all look beautiful to us old gits that can only wish and dream
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 01:42 AM

Old people’s short term memory goes before their long term and they can recall stories in detail from long ago but can’t remember what they ate that morning.

They start talking louder because they can’t hear. They start blaming other people for things they can’t remember doing themselves. They think they can do things they can no longer do.

They turn more child like.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 01:54 AM

I find most of the things that our elderly say are valuable and well worth hearing. They have lived through a lot of history and seen hardships that the most entitled and self pitying of us will never know. What I love most about many of them is their stoicism, resourcefulness and sheer toughness. They are awesome and we should treasure them all no matter who they are.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 05:51 AM

I celebrated my 70th birthday 200 miles north of the Arctic Circle watching the Northern lights
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 06:10 AM

Hi

I can now say what I want.

Great Fun.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I find most of the things that our elderly say are valuable and well worth hearing. They have lived through a lot of history and seen hardships that the most entitled and self pitying of us will never know. What I love most about many of them is their stoicism, resourcefulness and sheer toughness. They are awesome and we should treasure them all no matter who they are.
An insightful and excellent post!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Here are a couple.... Many elderly people love to talk about their illnesses and operations. Scars are flashed, like trophies!
Definitely not! That one is high on the list of 'not socially acceptable' conversations

They love their cuppas!
Guilty - but then I always have enjoyed a good cup of tea.

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Old people’s short term memory goes before their long term and they can recall stories in detail from long ago but can’t remember what they ate that morning.

They start talking louder because they can’t hear. They start blaming other people for things they can’t remember doing themselves. They think they can do things they can no longer do.

They turn more child like.
A bit of a generalisation there, Bratti, it does not apply/happen to everyone.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I can now say what I want.

Great Fun.
Depends, Swimmy. I was taught it was unmannerly to express opinions unless they were asked for - that still holds good.

I can still do most of the things I was doing 40yrs ago - shimmy up step ladders, climb trees, make good use of my trusty Black and Decker, and re-seat the ridge tiles on the roof - the difference being - I do them more slowly now and am more H&S aware!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Definitely not! That one is high on the list of 'not socially acceptable' conversations

Depends, Swimmy. I was taught it was unmannerly to express opinions unless they were asked for - that still holds good.

I can still do most of the things I was doing 40yrs ago - shimmy up step ladders, climb trees, make good use of my trusty Black and Decker, and re-seat the ridge tiles on the roof - the difference being - I do them more slowly now and am more H&S aware!!
Hi

Different perspectives ST.

I have no wish to upset large amounts of the population.

I may not agree with them, but so what?

They are entitled to their opinions even though they are completely different to mine.

The Freedom is to say what we are being lying to and not losing a Pension.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

That is unusual Tabby, most Old Folks get more M&S aware!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top