Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 06:32 PM

Viking holidays

See it has just been announced they are cancelling all holidays up to end of June. We go after that so will have to wait and see if they are cancelling any more dates
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 09:46 PM

Re: Viking holidays

P&O have grounded (excuse the pun) all of their ships for a further month until May 15th, we are due to sail on May 17th but I'm not holding my breath.....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2020, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
P&O have grounded (excuse the pun) all of their ships for a further month until May 15th, we are due to sail on May 17th but I'm not holding my breath.....
I hope its not a fly and cruise trip OGF?
Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2020, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I hope its not a fly and cruise trip OGF?
Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
No it's depart and return to Southampton Donkeyman.
I don't like flying either out or back when we are cruisin'
I'm not averse to flying if it's to lie on a beach in Tenerife...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2020, 11:23 PM

Are you mad? you need your bumps felt if you even think of going on a cruise until there is a vaccine for Covid19 and that might be 18 months away.

That is without even considering your age.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 04:33 AM

I would consider putting the cruise date back therefore not making the final payment till later....if P&O cancel they are not giving money back...just vouchers for a future cruise.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
No it's depart and return to Southampton Donkeyman.
I don't like flying either out or back when we are cruisin'
I'm not averse to flying if it's to lie on a beach in Tenerife...
You might be wasting your money OGF? Your ship may be barred
from landing anywhere?
Do you fancy being stuck out in the middle of the pacific with a lot
of virus ridden geriatrics and no escape?
Still, horses for courses and all that.
Good luck!
Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

02-04-2020, 11:32 AM

Ha ha, thanks for the advice Summer, Bruce and Donkeyman....Geriatric indeed!........It's not much different from a cruise at home now, sat at home with a geriatric missus, watching the world go by through a porthole.......I should go out and clean those windows.....

I'm playing the waiting game with P&O. There is no way that any of their ships will be sailing in May, and being as I have already paid the balance, the best line of action is for them to cancel the cruise, in which case I will be entitled to all of my money back. See the small print.

If I chicken out and cancel, not only are they entitled to keep the deposit, they are obliged to give me a credit note for another cruise.

It is a cruise that Mrs Fox and me have always wanted to do, so a credit note worth 125% of the original cost, plus an extra £400 per cabin spends is okay by me. They are giving us until December 2022 to rebook....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 11:45 AM

We had booked with Jet2 for Italy in June which they cancelled a few weeks back, and our deposit was refunded yesterday. Great service...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

02-04-2020, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
We had booked with Jet2 for Italy in June which they cancelled a few weeks back, and our deposit was refunded yesterday. Great service...
I don't think there is anything to worry about if they cancel Barry....But if we lose brass though, so what....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top