Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 05:13 PM

Re: Coronavirus: I trust people's sense on face masks - Gove

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Boris Johnson 'to make face masks compulsory in shops' next week.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsl...ek/ar-BB16EhM7
Makes sense Cinders?
Should have been done weeks ago imo??

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 05:33 PM

Got disposable one from hairdresser, that will do for now.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 05:43 PM

I have some, but I hate wearing them, probably will tonight for our weekly shop at Tesco though. Will have to tomorow at the hairdressers.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Boris Johnson 'to make face masks compulsory in shops' next week.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsl...ek/ar-BB16EhM7
If I must use one, I shall make use of one of Marge's old bras, but only the left cup.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If I must use one, I shall make use of one of Marge's old bras, but only the left cup.
Good idea JBR! You don't want to look like a right t*t!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 06:13 PM

In my local shopping centre today, only 1 in 10 was wearing a mask .....
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 06:38 PM

I agree, we should have been wearing them at the start, they're so uncomfortable , specs steam up, but if they protect us , it's worth it
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 06:55 PM

Making shoppers wear masks could 'trigger abuse', warn unions

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53389212

Union Usdaw said workers should not be made to enforce the rule if it becomes law as it could make them targets.

And the Federation of Small Businesses said masks could make some "happier to shop", but others more nervous.

Waterstones boss James Daunt told the BBC's Today Programme that making people wear masks in shops seemed "a perfectly reasonable thing".

But the book chain boss also said it "would not be right" to ask staff to enforce the rule.

"There are a tiny, tiny minority of people who will be confrontational over it and it is not the position of shop workers to enter into that situation," he said.
It'll be those "morons" again .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
I agree, we should have been wearing them at the start, they're so uncomfortable , specs steam up, but if they protect us , it's worth it
I keep having to put my glasses on and off again.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 11:04 PM

Glasses should be over the top of the mask and the nose clip needs to be moulded to the nose so it doesn't leach air upwards. You're meant to pinch the nose clip and then pull the mask downwards. Then you put the glasses on.

The ones that fold vertically are better in that respect. Moulded ones are the most difficult to use with glasses.

What we need now is mask fitters just like you have a bra fitting service in some shops. But of course you can't do it in a socially distanced way. Perhaps we will soon have our own personal robot to do all these things...

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top