Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 09:11 AM

Re: How to stop your specs steaming up when wearing a face mask

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Be careful while wearing a mask.......
I performed an experiment with my daughter; Using my Pulse/Ox meter (A device for measuring the amount of Oxygen in the blood) We checked her stats without a mask and it read 98% Oxygen present...
We repeated the experiment after wearing a mask for five minutes. The results were astounding!
Her Oxygen level had dropped to 78%, so low that the alarm was sounding on the equipment. This is a dangerous level, feeling faint and even passing out would be the next step....
Wearing a mask not only prevents an efficient Oxygen intake, but allows waste air (CO2 and other waste products) to be re inhaled.

Being an asthmatic compounds the problem even more, so much so, that the hospital has supplied her with a lanyard and notice to allow her to be exempt from wearing a mask....There is also a serious disease of the skin caused by mask wearing....
There are masses of information on the interweb about how safe it is to wear a mask, but based on my findings it speaks for itself. I suggest if you have a pulse/oxy meter (or know someone with access to one) try it yourself....Despite what we are being told, I can assure you that oxygen levels do drop considerably while wearing a mask. Image what would happen to someone starved of oxygen while driving?
I saw this demonstrated by a surgeon on one of those machines and it showed no difference at all .
He said that a mask makes no difference to oxygen intake.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 09:11 AM

Stick the mask to you face with a bit of surgical tape .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I saw this demonstrated by a surgeon on one of those machines and it showed no difference at all .
I've just done the test on myself Muddy, and after five minutes wearing the mask I still had 99% Oxygen. It must only be bad for asthmatics, still worth noting though that even the bloke on the BBC recommended not wearing a mask while exercising. And watch out if you've got a respiratory illness....
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

21-07-2020, 12:28 PM

One of our daughters is exempt from wearing a mask due to her bad asthma. I hope she is sensible and doesn't attempt to go into enclosed spaces, her husband and children can do her shopping.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 12:49 PM

Anyone wearing a mask to exercise/run needs Their head examined....they only need to be worn on public transport/shops/or places like hospitals/doc's waiting rooms,or any other enclosed space....I don't wear My specs when having to wear a mask..I wear My contact lenses...nae steaming up
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

No, probably not but it just feels like it.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

24-07-2020, 03:24 PM

Don't I look beautiful?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	My face mask.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	13343  
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 05:05 PM

I'm going to cut a small hole in my mask and insert a long red balloon!
It will look like I'm blowing raspberries as I breathe
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm going to cut a small hole in my mask and insert a long red balloon!
It will look like I'm blowing raspberries as I breathe
I think you do that anyway Tess.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top