Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 07:58 PM

Re: Dr.Fauci on Covid

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
You're bang-on-the-money, Barry; and so is the good doc.

Trump is a fool who just dismisses everything piece of data or opinion he doesn't like - including sound medical prognoses - as "fake news". That idiot running Brazil does likewise - even though he (like Johnson) has come down with a dose of it. Unbelievable.

Back here in Blighty, Boris Johnson & his chums are really taking it to the wire by prioritising politics / economics ahead of sound medical and scientific opinion.

The jury's still out - for now.
If Boris doesn't take that stand there will be no economy to go back to, and it will kill more people that the virus ever will.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Hmm...a bit o' cherrypickin goin' on in that tweet Rab....but He's right.."No one should be walking around wearing a mask"...EXCEPT in enclosed spaces/places...and hey..Yer PM also changed His mind about Folks wearing facemasks...didn't He??
Only because he's a PM and knows nowt' about medical matters, so he has to take advice off some plonker.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:21 PM

Hi

This is a new virus.

We do not know a lot about it and are learning mors all the time.

Initially we thought we had the symptoms sorted, temperature and a cough.

Now we know this is not the case and have identified six different types of symptoms.

We also now know that it is not always only droplet spread, it can be spread by much smaller aerosol.

It is a developing situation and advice will change as we know more.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-07-2020, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

This is a new virus.

We do not know a lot about it and are learning mors all the time.

Initially we thought we had the symptoms sorted, temperature and a cough.

Now we know this is not the case and have identified six different types of symptoms.

We also now know that it is not always only droplet spread, it can be spread by much smaller aerosol.

It is a developing situation and advice will change as we know more.
One thing we know for sure Swim, it's passed from person to person, and it has to enter the nasal cavity. Wash your hands regularly, wear a mask in crowded places and avoid them if you can. What other choices do you have?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
One thing we know for sure Swim, it's passed from person to person, and it has to enter the nasal cavity. Wash your hands regularly, wear a mask in crowded places and avoid them if you can. What other choices do you have?

Hi

Not a lot really.

I wear gloves when out shopping or going to the Cashpoint.

We avoid busy times at Supermarkets but enjoy the open air .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-07-2020, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Not a lot really.

I wear gloves when out shopping or going to the Cashpoint.

We avoid busy times at Supermarkets but enjoy the open air .
I don't wear gloves while shopping Swim, but I avoid touching my face and wash my hands as soon as I get home. I haven't used an ATM or rode on public transport since January, but I will wear a mask when required to do so in the shops. It's not so bad round here because we live in a small village out in the country so there are not many people about, especially first thing in the mornings when I go out for my run. Apart from cancelling a couple of holidays and eating out anymore, lockdown hasn't made much difference to me, I've got lots of hobbies and just find something else to do.....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

21-07-2020, 09:48 PM

I don't wear gloves while shopping Swim, but I avoid touching my face and wash my hands as soon as I get home. I haven't used an ATM or rode on public transport since January, but I will wear a mask when required to do so in the shops. It's not so bad round here because we live in a small village out in the country so there are not many people about, especially first thing in the mornings when I go out for my run. Apart from cancelling a couple of holidays and eating out anymore, lockdown hasn't made much difference to me, I've got lots of hobbies and just find something else to do.....
Hi

I live in a Town now so the possible pool of infection is much greater.

Hence my use of gloves.

Guy is regularly in Hospital, where the risk of infection is much greater, so we are more careful.

I also have an idiot next door, who moved in after I bought my house, and he is a nightmare.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 06:44 AM

I visited the local ASDA yesterday. To my amazement, I was the only person in the place - both staff and customers - wearing a face-covering.

No doubt about it, people are getting lax.

A second "spike" must be a real possibility.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 06:47 AM

If Boris doesn't take that stand there will be no economy to go back to, and it will kill more people that the virus ever will.
. . . and if there is a second "spike" the consequences will be even worse than that.

Throughout the crisis, the politicians (in this country at least) have claimed to be "guided by the science".

We are now witnessing just how dodgy that claim is.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
. . . and if there is a second "spike" the consequences will be even worse than that.

Throughout the crisis, the politicians (in this country at least) have claimed to be "guided by the science".

We are now witnessing just how dodgy that claim is.
The science probably says don't re-open the economy, but if we don't then there will be no economy to go re-open so we are between the devil and the deep blue I guess. Thank goodness though that we don't have to make the decisions, Boris really is earning his corn since coming to power but who would really envy him his baptism of fire..

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top