Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 06:44 PM

Fingers Crossed

In my job our small team has been split into 2 so just 2 of us are in on the opposite day to the other 2. It's hard work for the 2 that are in but it's for safety so that if one of the team gets covid-19 the other team can still work.

I was working with my colleague today who is pregnant and she still lives at home with her Mum, Dad and Sister.

I had a phonecall tonight to tell me I am not allowed in work tomorrow as my colleagues Sister has been sent home from work with symptoms of Covid-19 and as my colleague lives with her she is at risk too and as I've been working with her that puts me at risk too.

Her sister had the test and the results will be back for Saturday,. possibly tomorrow. My colleague also got tested as even though she has no symptoms she is more at risk with being pregnant.

If the results come back positive I have to isolate and stay home for 7 days which means I cant go take care of my dad. Luckily I did some shopping for him yesterday so he has everything he needs but I hate the fact that I may not be able to go, of course I won't as I wouldnt put my Dad at risk but all the same it's a right pain in the backside

Anyway fingers crossed come Saturday It'll come back that her sister is negative then I can go see him. I can't have a test unless I develop symptoms they said.

This virus needs to do one now, lives are lost and lives are disrupted and everything is uncertain.

So keep your fingers crossed will ya, I can't be ill, my Dad needs me!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 06:57 PM

Re: Fingers Crossed

Fingers all crossed for everyone involved LQ. I hope the results are good.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 07:47 PM

Same sentiments as Dingalong Queenie.
Fingers crossed for all - including eyes and toes

'Tis a worry tho' isn't it?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 09:13 PM

Hope all the tests come back negative Lion Queen.....Good Luck......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 09:18 PM

I hope all tests come back negative LQ, wishing you all well...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
In my job our small team has been split into 2 so just 2 of us are in on the opposite day to the other 2. It's hard work for the 2 that are in but it's for safety so that if one of the team gets covid-19 the other team can still work.

I was working with my colleague today who is pregnant and she still lives at home with her Mum, Dad and Sister.

I had a phonecall tonight to tell me I am not allowed in work tomorrow as my colleagues Sister has been sent home from work with symptoms of Covid-19 and as my colleague lives with her she is at risk too and as I've been working with her that puts me at risk too.

Her sister had the test and the results will be back for Saturday,. possibly tomorrow. My colleague also got tested as even though she has no symptoms she is more at risk with being pregnant.

If the results come back positive I have to isolate and stay home for 7 days which means I cant go take care of my dad. Luckily I did some shopping for him yesterday so he has everything he needs but I hate the fact that I may not be able to go, of course I won't as I wouldnt put my Dad at risk but all the same it's a right pain in the backside

Anyway fingers crossed come Saturday It'll come back that her sister is negative then I can go see him. I can't have a test unless I develop symptoms they said.

This virus needs to do one now, lives are lost and lives are disrupted and everything is uncertain.

So keep your fingers crossed will ya, I can't be ill, my Dad needs me!
That's daft, I thought anyone in contact with someone who has it gets tested, people can have it & not feel ill at all. How do they know they have it or not if they don't get tested.
Fingers crossed that the sister is negative & you are OK too.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 09:27 PM

The best of luck Queenie, I'm sure all will be OK.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 10:09 PM

Best wishes, hope it all works out for you .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 10:13 PM

Fingers and toes crossed Queenie!
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 08:29 AM

Hope all turns out well LQ,its not going away is it,I'd venture we'll hear a lot of these stories going forward.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top