Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 08:43 PM

Re: Big House In A Bad Area, Or A Small House In A Good Area?

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I was born on a farm with a privy. The brick s...house was the butch woman in the next village.
Good gracious, d00d.
Was she that bad?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 08:49 PM

The proximity of a house in any area, is important. I used to think my departed sister was talking out of her arse on this matter, she was correct, location does no refer to a County.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
As Child livng in Greater Mancester we lived in a small terraced house with an ouside toilet untill new bathroom installed
Men called this toilet "The little Brick S...House".

There was no D/glazing or Central Heating, but an open Coal Fire that made delicious toast as well as warming our legs.

I can't remeber ever being unhappy there, or coverting houses in the best arears.

My early years were in Manchester inner city too. Outside lavatory as well. In our house it was "shemoosh" which was not in any way rude.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
My early years were in Manchester inner city too. Outside lavatory as well. In our house it was "shemoosh" which was not in any way rude.
I remeber having to cut newspaper into neat sqaures to hang on a piece of string in th Toilet, not much different to Jeyes Toilet paper which was very hard and scratchy.

How spoiled we are these days!!

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 09:24 PM

I would go for a small house in a nice area.

I'm finding our old Victorian house is far too big for our needs now. I do like the area though.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 09:26 PM

If you had a big house in a bad area it’s pretty much worthless anyway
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 09:44 PM

It depends on the area and the house. A bad area to one might be sublime to another as well as the house
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 09:48 PM

Smaller house in a good area every time for me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 09:58 PM

Size is not everything, peace of mind is.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
I remeber having to cut newspaper into neat sqaures to hang on a piece of string in th Toilet, not much different to Jeyes Toilet paper which was very hard and scratchy.

How spoiled we are these days!!

Newspaper? Seldom, mostly San Izal. One had to learn how to --- tenderise it -- before use.

Then we moved to Sale (Cheshire) and the genuine joys of a bidet.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top