Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 02:36 PM

Re: Thrifty

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I think we could all live on a lot less than we do ,to me the enjoyment is in succeeding and seeking out of these offers and bargains ...and yes I do believe that having very little money gives you freedom from worry..I have very little worry in life over money,its quite simple . If you dont have it then you just have to be "creative" in how you spend what little you do have,and have some priorities.
Art you said she deprives herself of nice things ...well I think the "treats" she allows herself are probably enough enjoyment for her ...even simple small things can bring a lot of enjoyment to some.
Being without money creates worry, IMHO.

How many pensioners worry about winter heating bills?
How many worry so much that they are malnourished?

Having money creates a buffer, gives you breathing space.

I not talking about megabucks, I'm talking about enough to live.
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Being without money creates worry, IMHO.

How many pensioners worry about winter heating bills?
How many worry so much that they are malnourished?

Having money creates a buffer, gives you breathing space.

I not talking about megabucks, I'm talking about enough to live.
Some people have learned to be thrifty during lean years and can't get out of the habit; my neighbour is 91 and admits to being quite well off but sits in a cold room. She simply cannot change her thrifty ways. Money is a buffer in this harsh world
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 06:31 PM

Nit picking here, but she seems to have a nicely stocked fridge full of food.
There"s economies and economies, wouldn't want to be the richest woman in the graveyard.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 06:58 PM

come round for a cup of tea......bring your own teabag.....that's not thrifty thats being downright tight fisted.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2016, 03:07 PM

I AGREE WITH ART HERE ,some people have to in this life to survive 'but listening to her on tv shes not destitute for sure 'it would do my head in having to think all ways to keep cutting bck ...why oh' why'' enjoy life and its worth no good in a coffin ...or has she cut back with that too ...like thro me in the hole - forget the box ...........lol we all love a bargain or a freebie !

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top