Join for free
skellyhancock
New Member!
manchester
skellyhancock is female 

19-10-2012, 09:42 AM

Ladies Knickers With Leak Control - Can You Help??

Hi everyone!

I'd love your input and thoughts on a new product range I would love to launch here in the UK.

To cut a very long and, to be honest, embarrassing story short I was forced to give up doing any exercise that involved running, jumping, stretching etc - basically the energetic aerobic stuff that we're all supposed to do in varying degrees to keep healthy and active. I had to give it up because my pelvic floors and bladder mounted a mutiny and refused to be controlled meaning that instead of breaking out in a sweat, it was my underwear and legs that got a good soaking. It made me feel humiliated and upset so much so that in the end I stopped all together. I also became very aware and conscious about places I was going socially as I then became paranoid I'd have those same embarrassing situations - without any exercise involved!

After doing a lot of research and speaking to lots and lots of women of all ages (30-70) I realised that actually 1 in 4 of us have this problem and which the doctors will diagnose with that awful label "stress incontinence" At 43 I wasn't ready to wear the AWFUL 'things' that are on the market now which I can only describe as belly button warming nappies. Hideous. I don't like wearing pads as they slip around and I'm conscious of how they look under sports wear etc. So I've spent the last 12 months designing a range of underwear that has a an absorbent liner and to all intents and purposes looks like a regular pair of knickers - stylish and comfortable - but that also means we women can have an active lifestyle and still feel feminine. They are fully absorbent, dry, deoderising, anti-bacterial and very discreet. Better still, I have designed them to be washed on a low temperature up to a 100 times so they save us money and the environment!

So, my question is this...would this be a product range you would want to know about and if you were to buy them would I be right in thinking that you would prefer to buy them online rather than from a high street shop. I will be looking for ladies to review these for me and if you're keen to help provide me with some invaluable feedback I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you so much for your time I really appreciate it!

skellyhancock
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 11:22 AM

Re: Ladies Knickers With Leak Control - Can You Help??

I wonder if the knickers are as discreet as the seller? - and I wonder if those who take part in extreme sports would find them effective? (see other thread - sorry couldn't resist ).
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 12:52 PM

Good one Aerolor!

Think we have a spammer on board!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 01:29 PM

Hi Suze leaking knickers are the least of my worries just now .

I think there are quite a number of products on the market to cater for this problem already and things like Tena Lady.

I guess you have heard of 'The Dragons Den' , it might be worth your applying . I would certainly be interested in watching the reaction of the Dragons when you did your presentation
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

I guess you have heard of 'The Dragons Den' , it might be worth your applying . I would certainly be interested in watching the reaction of the Dragons when you did your presentation
Heeeeeeee.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Heeeeeeee.
Do you watch it too Roxy
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 06:35 PM

Sometimes, The Laird likes it. I've usually got my nose stuck in a Book but sometimes something said will peak my Interest.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by skellyhancock ->
Hi everyone!

I'd love your input and thoughts on a new product range I would love to launch here in the UK.

To cut a very long and, to be honest, embarrassing story short I was forced to give up doing any exercise that involved running, jumping, stretching etc - basically the energetic aerobic stuff that we're all supposed to do in varying degrees to keep healthy and active. I had to give it up because my pelvic floors and bladder mounted a mutiny and refused to be controlled meaning that instead of breaking out in a sweat, it was my underwear and legs that got a good soaking. It made me feel humiliated and upset so much so that in the end I stopped all together. I also became very aware and conscious about places I was going socially as I then became paranoid I'd have those same embarrassing situations - without any exercise involved!

After doing a lot of research and speaking to lots and lots of women of all ages (30-70) I realised that actually 1 in 4 of us have this problem and which the doctors will diagnose with that awful label "stress incontinence" At 43 I wasn't ready to wear the AWFUL 'things' that are on the market now which I can only describe as belly button warming nappies. Hideous. I don't like wearing pads as they slip around and I'm conscious of how they look under sports wear etc. So I've spent the last 12 months designing a range of underwear that has a an absorbent liner and to all intents and purposes looks like a regular pair of knickers - stylish and comfortable - but that also means we women can have an active lifestyle and still feel feminine. They are fully absorbent, dry, deoderising, anti-bacterial and very discreet. Better still, I have designed them to be washed on a low temperature up to a 100 times so they save us money and the environment!

So, my question is this...would this be a product range you would want to know about and if you were to buy them would I be right in thinking that you would prefer to buy them online rather than from a high street shop. I will be looking for ladies to review these for me and if you're keen to help provide me with some invaluable feedback I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you so much for your time I really appreciate it!

skellyhancock

I can just see this person now on an advert on TV with the camera showing one of those starry glints on a tooth!

What a load of bull crap! I notice she hasn't been back to emphasise her sincerity about this.

Invaluable feedback? As if any ladies on here would discuss such personal details!

If she's still wearing sports wear, then she is not over 50 and shouldn't be a member here, and if she was experiencing incontinence at the age of 43 then there was something medically wrong with her. I'm 62 and I'm not incontinent so I find this thread very insulting indeed!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 07:28 AM

What about the men? Gwynth asked Taffy if that was a Leek in his underpants, or was he just pleased to see her
janet gracey
london
janet gracey is female  janet gracey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 05:06 PM

Molly I an nearly 65 and not incontinent. I agree with what you say about her having that at 43 being a medical problem.

My daughter is 40 and she had stress incontinence last year. She had a small procedure done and is fine now.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top