Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 05:24 PM

Have you ever said 'I love you' to....

A friend?

I haven't... I'm fond of my friends but never told them I love them...

I've never given this any thought before but just now I was looking on facebook and my son's wife had written on her friends wall 'Love you Hannah' and 'Hannah' had written back 'Love you too gorgeous'

'Aaahhh how nice' I thought but I still can't see myself saying it to mine.... how about you?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 05:30 PM

Re: Have you ever said 'I love you' to....

I didn't used to be able to, but now I can. I think it's an age thing. You get to the stage where you don't want to hold back. You get it in return.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 07:31 PM

Ooh no, they would think I'd lost the plot, it's a generation thing I think and the expressions of love for pals is often used by younger generations, it's an American thing where love for all and sundry is frequently expressed.
Can you imagine our parents generation expressing their love for each other to their friends.
I don't really have a problem with it but I am unlikely to start going around telling everyone how much I love them.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 07:54 PM

you mean when you put x at the end of a message it don't mean luv u
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 08:16 PM

Yes if course I have said it. There are many kinds of love. It's not all romantic or sexual. You love your children different than your spouse.. You love your mother different from your sibling.. AND you can love a very close friend.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 08:50 PM

I never have to a friend, male or female, but I say it all the time to my super size family. Only to the girls though, and they always say it to me. The important thing is to say it if you mean it.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Yes if course I have said it. There are many kinds of love. It's not all romantic or sexual. You love your children different than your spouse.. You love your mother different from your sibling.. AND you can love a very close friend.
It's probably a cultural difference, if it's something you've never done if you suddenly start expressing your love people might think you were having a crisis of some sort.
You may love them as a friend but you probably don't tend to go around saying 'I love you' but that is changing with younger generations.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 09:49 PM

I have been known to say, "I love you" followed by "because you're weird" does that count?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
you mean when you put x at the end of a message it don't mean luv u
You've got me there Eliza!
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
It's probably a cultural difference, if it's something you've never done if you suddenly start expressing your love people might think you were having a crisis of some sort.
You may love them as a friend but you probably don't tend to go around saying 'I love you' but that is changing with younger generations.
To be clear.... one does not gaze longingly into the eyes of a friend and say "I love you" Normally, it's more like a "love ya" when hanging up from a phone call or saying goodbye..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top