Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2014, 07:04 PM

a rare treat

Food and drink wise, what do you consider a rare treat. Something you can't always afford, or you know is bad for your diet?

I like Prosecco, but only buy it now and then as it's dearer that other wines. A nice big juicy steak. That's a real treat for me and only once in a while I can afford it. That's why it tastes all the better
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2014, 07:10 PM

Re: a rare treat

I had a fillet steak last Saturday evening in a gorgonzola sauce, washed down with a reasonable red wine. Oh it was good..............and I slept like a log that night!

Otherwise..........it's chocolate or something forbidden. But I'm finding that if I indulge in something decadent, I crave more within a short time.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2014, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I had a fillet steak last Saturday evening in a gorgonzola sauce, washed down with a reasonable red wine. Oh it was good..............and I slept like a log that night!

Otherwise..........it's chocolate or something forbidden. But I'm finding that if I indulge in something decadent, I crave more within a short time.
Never tried gorgonzola sauce LL. Sounds lovely. Steak and wine - recipe for sleeping like a log
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2014, 09:13 PM

A trip to a Toby carvery.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2014, 09:15 PM

Having swede on the plate, my wife can't have it as it makes her ill, and she does the cooking.
However she does make Proper Pasties the true Cornish way as they should be made, crimped along the top and they taste great
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

10-12-2014, 09:23 PM

An Indian takeaway
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2014, 09:27 PM

Can't stand even the smell of curry let alone have it in front of me. Now a real chinese meal such as you get in Leicester Square London in the Chinese district is something else. When we went to China the food looked very tasty but we couldn't read what it was, for obvious reasons
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 08:09 PM

A seafood platter, which has to include scallops and king prawns.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 08:30 PM

A bottle of veuve clicquot.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Can't stand even the smell of curry let alone have it in front of me. Now a real chinese meal such as you get in Leicester Square London in the Chinese district is something else. When we went to China the food looked very tasty but we couldn't read what it was, for obvious reasons

I'm with you all the way on your first sentence! And actually, I love Chinese food too.

There's a great Chinese buffet place in Brighton, and they have a sister restaurant in Essex.

That's a nice treat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top