Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2015, 08:21 PM

A Good Earner - Chocs?

I like chocolate - nothing wrong with that - well, there is come to think of it. Anyway, it has crossed my mind that there might be a good way to make a lot of money from chocolate. Tesco sell lovely tasting chocolate 100g bars for only 30p! This is the lowest I can find. Both milk and white are available. A full KG of this chocolate works out at £3! The cheapest I can find on Ebay, with regard to bars, is way beyond that - over £10 easy. Another thing is that chocolate models sell for a heck of a lot of money yet contain not a lot of chocolate ...

Below only contains 140gms and costs £7.95!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Choc-on-Ch...gAAOSwFGNWSv3S

Really makes me think. Get a load of ready made chocolate from Tescos and market it on Ebay .

Bugger it - might break the boredom a bit.

Think I might have mentioned this before? Just goes to show it is still on my mind.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2015, 08:28 PM

Re: A Good Earner - Chocs?

I saw some chocolate tools,( no not that kind) at last year's Xmas market. They were very expensive! All you have to do is buy some silicone moulds, melt the chocolate and voila!
In S.Africa they used white chocolate with food colouring in to make coloured chocolates like Santas etc.
You have to melt it in a bowl inside a saucepan of hot water.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2015, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I saw some chocolate tools,( no not that kind) at last year's Xmas market. They were very expensive! All you have to do is buy some silicone moulds, melt the chocolate and voila!
In S.Africa they used white chocolate with food colouring in to make coloured chocolates like Santas etc.
You have to melt it in a bowl inside a saucepan of hot water.
It should be a lot of fun. I mean you could design stuff and then make the moulds etc. Thinking about it I could make a cracking website to help with matters. Would look really good I should think with all the chocolate images - what could look nicer .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2015, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
It should be a lot of fun. I mean you could design stuff and then make the moulds etc. Thinking about it I could make a cracking website to help with matters. Would look really good I should think with all the chocolate images - what could look nicer .
Goforrit then .. but don't expect someone else to do the work for you.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2015, 08:41 PM

People buy shapes to decorate cakes with. You can easily make silicone moulds yourself but. I think it has to be a certain kind for foodstuffs. Ready made moulds are easily available.
I think some people sell stuff on Etsy etc. Have a look
Nice hobby if nothing else comes of it.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

29-11-2015, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
People buy shapes to decorate cakes with. You can easily make silicone moulds yourself but. I think it has to be a certain kind for foodstuffs. Ready made moulds are easily available.
I think some people sell stuff on Etsy etc. Have a look
Nice hobby if nothing else comes of it.
Plans are forming .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2015, 08:58 PM

Plans are forming .
But you'd eat it all before you tried making anything!

Get a grip
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

29-11-2015, 08:59 PM

This could be the start of something big!

MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

29-11-2015, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
But you'd eat it all before you tried making anything!

Get a grip
There is that to consider but the sheer scale of the plan I have forming would mean I could eat as much as I wanted and not make a dint in the profit margin.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

29-11-2015, 09:06 PM

This could be the start of something big!
Stop prevaricating then and get of you butt.

Sheeeesh ... this idea has been 'the start of something big' in your head for years ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top