Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 09:30 PM

Thrifty

I really admire this lady for eeking out her food and money..Im always looking to save money on food and clothes..what do you think of her and the way she lives?
Maybe you can afford to buy plenty of what you need but still like to bag a bargain or offer on food and clothes?
I really agree with her when she says having very little money gives you freedom!

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/co...133129535.html
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 12:18 AM

Re: Thrifty

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I really admire this lady for eeking out her food and money..Im always looking to save money on food and clothes..what do you think of her and the way she lives?
Maybe you can afford to buy plenty of what you need but still like to bag a bargain or offer on food and clothes?
I really agree with her when she says having very little money gives you freedom!
Superb

I regard this as a kind of sport. Everything in the UK is disgustingly over-priced
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 12:20 AM

I also am pretty frugal. My biggest expense is electricity caused by my servers and computers running non stop. Will have to rig something up to cut the cost of it all.
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 12:21 AM

More than a sport, you need talent, willpower and discipline to pull it off like she does lol Oh, that is what you need to be good at a sport lol
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 12:28 AM

Aysa, I found that so depressing! I can be frugal on some things, yet extravagant on other things! She is 66! How many more years has she got on this earth and for most of those she is going to deny herself nice things!
I don't admire her, I think she's foolish!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Butterfly2013 ->
More than a sport, you need talent, willpower and discipline to pull it off like she does lol Oh, that is what you need to be good at a sport lol
Nah you just need to apply yourself for a short while and it will become a raison d'etre
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 12:42 AM

OMG No - I wouldn't want to live like that - I'm wondering what she does for enjoyment!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 12:55 AM

No thanks. I am not one to waste money but life's too short to think of nothing else but money and being a penny pincher.
There's no pockets in shrouds.
Questor
Kent, UK
Questor is female  Questor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 01:16 AM

I wasn't quite clear about her, thinking she lives in a shed or van in the garden - but some of those pics look indoors so presumably she does have a house. I doubt she is the only frugal pensioner around but it does come across as spartan. Maybe she gets enjoyment from saving money and for her that is enough?
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 07:30 AM

Well yes, it is admirable that she lives on so little. I am with her on some things - I like to trawl through the charity shops for gems. But live on £10 a week for food? That, to me, would not be much fun. I didn't read the article all that thoroughly, but I can't imagine she's even claiming her rightful welfare benefits if she lives on £2400 a year.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top