Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 12:24 AM

Re: Chocs reduce heart attacks.

Dark chocolate is much better for you than milk chocolate as it contains less caffeine, which is not only addictive, but is a stimulant as well, and stimulants make the heart work faster (as in coffee) thereby creating the possibility of a heart attack in anyone with a heart condition.

I'm probably one of the few women in the world that doesn't crave chocolate. I'll have a little bit once every 12 months or so, but if it were to be banned, I wouldn't miss it at all.
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 12:33 AM

I only eat dark chocolate, even wi mi biscuits, it has to be dark, I do fancy a lot oh dark, (dont take that the wrong way) chocolato I mean
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Dark chocolate is much better for you than milk chocolate as it contains less caffeine, which is not only addictive, but is a stimulant as well, and stimulants make the heart work faster (as in coffee) thereby creating the possibility of a heart attack in anyone with a heart condition.

I'm probably one of the few women in the world that doesn't crave chocolate. I'll have a little bit once every 12 months or so, but if it were to be banned, I wouldn't miss it at all.
I am not a great chocolate fan either and can take it or leave it . I particularly don't like dark chocolate at all.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 12:37 PM

No neither do I cant stand cocoa either, its so strong.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 12:43 PM

I prefer Cadbury's milk chocolate to other makes but I do enjoy dark (plain) chocolate Kit Kats and Bounty bars.
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 12:58 PM

I eat dark chocolate (bournville), but not too much being diabetic, but one thing that has been mentioned, that I really liked, were the bounty bars, either would do, but they are now a complete no go area, it is one of the worst for cholesterol, a well as chicken skin and cashews, all of which I used to really enjoy, but I compensate with a couple of glasses of a nice red wine, but not every day, mostly weekends, when I am sat here on my own wi just this comp or the telly.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by aitch ->
I eat dark chocolate (bournville), but not too much being diabetic, but one thing that has been mentioned, that I really liked, were the bounty bars, either would do, but they are now a complete no go area, it is one of the worst for cholesterol, a well as chicken skin and cashews, all of which I used to really enjoy, but I compensate with a couple of glasses of a nice red wine, but not every day, mostly weekends, when I am sat here on my own wi just this comp or the telly.
That's more my style than chocolate Aitch and nuts, not salted variety but freshly shelled walnuts/brazils/almonds , very good for you.
aitch
Wigan

05-10-2011, 01:21 PM

There again, one thing I was allowed to eat is certain types of nuts, walnuts and brazils, hazlenuts, I think its just the cashews I am not supposed to eat, and the coconut, oh and before I forget prawns and shrimps, why is it all the good things, they try to stop you eating, (I wish I had never had the heart attacks )still a little of what you fancy wont do much harm, off now for a carvery meal and a look round my local Costco.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 11:55 PM

I love dark chocolate, Lindt and Bournville,a few years ago I read that a small square a day is good for you and ever since I have don't just that.

I do indulge a bit more at Christmas though
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Kitty ->
I love dark chocolate, Lindt and Bournville,a few years ago I read that a small square a day is good for you and ever since I have don't just that.

I do indulge a bit more at Christmas though
I'd like to know who doesn't

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top