Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 03:01 PM

Re: It's Official! We don't have to pay the £39BN.

Originally Posted by Bread ->
There aren't any tarrifs on aeroplane parts.

As for German cars, they don't have the engines we want. They only have big diesels - their battery technology needs to come from the UK or they need to buy out Tesla.
I did'nt mention tariffs in regard to aero parts Bread, The word
I used was price, which surely could vary for many reasons,
Whereas l believe a tariff is an imposition or add on?

Regards Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
He is not talking about the withdrawal deal, but of the trade deal(s) which have to be negotiated after brexit. The EU will not come to the negotiating table if you have a debt outstanding.
The money we pay is not debt. It is not part of a credit or borrowing arrangement.

Think of it as foreign aid instead and you will be a lot closer to the truth.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I am well aware of the the pathetic remnants of british
manufacturing left by the Thatcher government which is
why we were reduced to relying on Germany for our cars!
The fact that jet engines are now produced by germany as
well is down to eu machinations and british government
stupidity?
I expect that the jet engines are probably manufactured
under licence though, and we should be able to adjust the
terms of the licence to accommodate changes in
circumstances
Regards Donkeyman!
Indeed. Licence holder is netherlands. UK produces under licence, so just pray the terms are not adjusted.

Airbus SE*(ɛərbʌs/;*French:*[ɛʁbys]*(listen);*German:*[ˈɛːɐ̯bʊs];*Spanish:*[ˈeiɾβus]) is a European*multinational*aerospace corporation that stood as the world's second biggest aerospace and defence company in 2018.[7]*Registered in the Netherlands and trading shares in France, Germany and Spain, Airbus designs, manufactures and sells civil and military*aerospace*products worldwide and manufactures in the*European Union*and various other countries. The company has three divisions:*Commercial Aircraft,*Defence and Space, and*Helicopters, the third being the largest in its industry in terms of revenues and turbine helicopter deliveries.[8]
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The operative word is DEBT Solly?

Regards Donkeyman!
You refer to this meaning? a feeling of gratitude for a service or favour.
Annette
Germany
Annette is female  Annette has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

EU crisis: Brussels admits no legal way to make UK hand over £39bn after no-deal Brexit.

European Union bosses have conceded that they would have no legal case for recovering the £39 billion Brexit bill in the event of a no-deal.

What a refreshing change to see the bullies feeling bullied themselves. Not nice, ey?

So you prefer to see your country to be regarded as unreliable and untrustworthy?

"Some of the £39bn divorce bill arises because the UK has pledged contributions towards the EU budget that have not yet been paid. Britain is also being asked to contribute towards EU staff pension costs that were incurred before Brexit.

An EU official said the money would fall due even in the event of a no-deal Brexit, since it was linked to financial commitments entered into by Britain.

The official added: “This is all about the obligations of the UK. For us, it’s due whatever the circumstances. It will be calculated on the exit of the UK.”

I know the US promissed the UK a lot, but they cant be trusted. Today trump loves you, tomorrow he pisses in your boots.

And if zhe UK wants trading partners, actions like this silly PM will not go well with the EU.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Annette ->
So you prefer to see your country to be regarded as unreliable and untrustworthy?

"Some of the £39bn divorce bill arises because the UK has pledged contributions towards the EU budget that have not yet been paid. Britain is also being asked to contribute towards EU staff pension costs that were incurred before Brexit.

An EU official said the money would fall due even in the event of a no-deal Brexit, since it was linked to financial commitments entered into by Britain.

The official added: “This is all about the obligations of the UK. For us, it’s due whatever the circumstances. It will be calculated on the exit of the UK.”

I know the US promissed the UK a lot, but they cant be trusted. Today trump loves you, tomorrow he pisses in your boots.

And if zhe UK wants trading partners, actions like this silly PM will not go well with the EU.
Then the EU should give us our % share of all the infrastructure projects in return. We can start by taking some of the EU Parliament buildings and roads in Poland.
Annette
Germany
Annette is female  Annette has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 03:26 PM

Democracy at work in the UK:

"My colleagues Lisa O’Carroll and Heather Stewart report that constitutional experts are saying the prime minister’s plan to prorogue parliament for five weeks will be the longest suspension of the British legislature since 1945. They said it appeared to be designed to evade scrutiny of his plans for Brexit or any new deal with the EU.

Ruth Fox, the director of the highly respected Hansard Society, a leading source of independent research and advice on parliamentary affairs, said it was an “affront to parliamentary democracy”.

Lawyers said the unprecedented length of the suspension of parliament would prompt immediate legal challenge. “Expect litigation – starting in Scotland,” said Ros Kellaway, the head of Brexit and EU law at Eversheds Sutherland, in London.

The value of the pound fell sharply against the euro and the dollar this morning after Boris Johnson announced plans to suspend parliament, raising the chances of a no-deal exit from the EU.

And Elizabeth has approved...

Well, I suppose its the UKs own funeral...

Sterling fell by more than a cent against the US dollar to a six-day low of below $1.22, and by almost as much against the euro, to €1.096.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You refer to this meaning? a feeling of gratitude for a service or favour.
Definitely not Solly, gratitude means thanks
Favour, means to do for nowt

The debt l refer to means to owe something that must be
paid, and can be enforced legally?

Regards Donkeyman!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 03:29 PM

Oh, don't you start as well, Annette.

I like the Germans; I like most Europeans, even the occasional Frog.

Those who I don't like are the remoaners in this country and those people in Europe who are desperate for us not to leave and take our money with us.

We have been taken for mugs for long enough, and our inept politicians have, for their own reasons, supported our foreign enemies. That will now stop.

We will leave and regain our sovereignty.

Surely, if you really don't need us, should you and others like you keep pestering us hoping to make us change our minds and meekly ask to come back into your 'club'?

Why are we so important to you?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 03:32 PM

Democracy at work in the UK:

"My colleagues Lisa O’Carroll and Heather Stewart report that constitutional experts are saying the prime minister’s plan to prorogue parliament for five weeks will be the longest suspension of the British legislature since 1945. They said it appeared to be designed to evade scrutiny of his plans for Brexit or any new deal with the EU.

Ruth Fox, the director of the highly respected Hansard Society, a leading source of independent research and advice on parliamentary affairs, said it was an “affront to parliamentary democracy”.

Lawyers said the unprecedented length of the suspension of parliament would prompt immediate legal challenge. “Expect litigation – starting in Scotland,” said Ros Kellaway, the head of Brexit and EU law at Eversheds Sutherland, in London.

The value of the pound fell sharply against the euro and the dollar this morning after Boris Johnson announced plans to suspend parliament, raising the chances of a no-deal exit from the EU.

And Elizabeth has approved...

Well, I suppose its the UKs own funeral...

Sterling fell by more than a cent against the US dollar to a six-day low of below $1.22, and by almost as much against the euro, to €1.096.
Go on. Keep it up. See if you can change anything!

I can now see no further need to read your outpourings. I have added you to my ignore list.

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top