Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2012, 03:44 PM

Re: A Wee Bit of Advice Please....

Perhaps you will find this of interest Roxy:

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/diabetes/202210.html
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 08:34 PM

Got the Results of the Blood Test Today......Mixed News. Liver, Kidneys, are fine and the Blood Sugar is not as High as in the first Test. Also the cholesterol Level is fine. On Thursday I'm back for a Glucose Tolerance Test, as the Doc thinks my Body's not dealing with Glucose as well as it could be. Got to get the Test over then Drink some Sweet Stuff, then go back in 2 Hours for yet another Blood Test to see how I delt with the extra Glucose. Then another Week of waiting till these Results come in. THEN hopefully we will knows what's what and how the Doctor intends to deal with it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2012, 10:52 AM

It could be Roxy darlin' - that you're mildly Diabetic.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2012, 11:01 AM

Roxy my Brother in law had a similar test recently and was diagnosed as being a type two diabetic .
He is controlling this with diet at the moment and has not only lost weight but feels better than he has for years.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2012, 01:04 PM

Thanks Meg/Geoff, The Doctor did say this may be the Case. I will let you know what the End Result is.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2012, 01:14 PM

Sounds like a mild, type two diabetes Rox. Probably like Megs bil, you will be able to control with diet, for many years.
Hubby says that drink is very, very sweet Rox .

Some years ago, we read an article about research into type 2 diabetes being caused by a virus. I wouldn't be at all surprised - hubby and I both have type 2, with no family history on either side of diabetes. I resent the implication given by medical people that our diet has been poor or lack of excercise. It is so not true, for either of us.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

23-08-2012, 09:58 PM

Woo Hoo I feel like Cartwheeling round the Yard. I'm not Diabetic after all. The Doc wants me to eat more Healthy, Use that Slow Cooker I bought and use Brown Bread not White ect. I've to have that Fasting Test every Year just to keep a Check.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2012, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Woo Hoo I feel like Cartwheeling round the Yard. I'm not Diabetic after all. The Doc wants me to eat more Healthy, Use that Slow Cooker I bought and use Brown Bread not White ect. I've to have that Fasting Test every Year just to keep a Check.
That is good news Roxy
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2012, 10:21 PM

I'm pleased for you Roxy. Now don't go mad and eat a whole box of chocolates
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2012, 10:24 PM

What a relief Roxy. Just healthy eating then - what we all should be doing but dont

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top