Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 12:16 PM

Re: Gallstones

Cate darlin' I don't think, from what I've heard that it means hospitalisation per se, I believe they can treat you as 'day patient' and you go home the same day. They just lay you underneath this machine which sends out ultrasonic waves which breaks up the stones into much smaller pieces and finally into 'grit' which the body then expels in the normal way.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Cate darlin' I don't think, from what I've heard that it means hospitalisation per se, I believe they can treat you as 'day patient' and you go home the same day. They just lay you underneath this machine which sends out ultrasonic waves which breaks up the stones into much smaller pieces and finally into 'grit' which the body then expels in the normal way.
I will mention this to the doctor, thanks Uncle Joe, I might leave it now until after Christmas as we are so busy and at the moment I am quite fit.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 01:07 PM

http://www.gallstones.co.uk/other-tr...allstones.html
Here is a link for you.
TedHutchinson
Louth UK
TedHutchinson is male  TedHutchinson has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 03:06 PM

Higher Vitamin C Intake May Reduce Gallstone Incidence

The longer the period of vitamin C supplementation, the lower was the proportion of subjects with gallstones
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Bless you and thank you for asking. I went for a scan and I have several large stones. The only way to deal with them this big is to have my gallbladder removed. Since it is only a year since I had major surgery the doctor and I have agreed that I will try and deal with the problem by diet. That is a low fat diet with not much spicy stuff and no alcohol. The spicy stuff is hard but I am managing quite well. Touch wood when the pain eased it did not come back.

I suppose one day I will have to have the blessed thing removed but not yet, I am also taking Omeprazole causules to help with acid reflux people take them when they have gastric ulcers.

Thank you so much for asking. I am really busy at the moment and don't come here often. Christmas is very busy this year with my jam making and so on.
Pleased to know the pain has subsided now Cate and I hope you can continue to manage without the surgery. If you do eventually need to have your gallbladder removed (which is often the case with large stones) then I hope your experience will be as positive and uneventful as mine was. Best wishes. Rena
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 11:56 PM

I have a large Gallstone and should have my Gallbladder removed. I saw the surgeon and he said he wouldnt do the operation because I had too many complecations at my last surgery five years ago.I had half my Bowel removed as I had three tumours, all benign.It does get trapped sometimes and is very painful.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2012, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
I have a large Gallstone and should have my Gallbladder removed. I saw the surgeon and he said he wouldnt do the operation because I had too many complecations at my last surgery five years ago.I had half my Bowel removed as I had three tumours, all benign.It does get trapped sometimes and is very painful.
I'm sorry to hear you had half your bowel removed anniemuldoon but it's good that the three tumours were benign. It's a shame that you had complications with the surgery so they won't remove your Gallstone.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2012, 07:36 PM

Good luck to you Cate when you do see the doctor, I hope they manage to solve the problem without having surgery. I know what you mean about going through it last year with having a hysterectomy, I would feel the same if I had to have another big operation so soon (I'm keeping my fingers crossed I don't have to.)

Alison x

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top