Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2012, 06:53 AM

Re: Painkillers cause Headaches.

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
WATER??? - ergh Yuk!!! can't have that anyway as I'll go rusty. I drink fruit juice instead, or coffee laced with Brandy!!!
Yes, I never drink water either, personally I drink tea (maybe 10 cups a day or more ) but I have never seen the appeal of fruit juice. For example a glass of apple juice has the equivalent sugar of five apples but without the beneficial fibre - and I doubt many people would eat five apples at a sitting anyway.

I do occasionally squeeze the juice from oranges in my garden but the same thing applies.

The coffee laced with brandy sounds great, My grandmother's cure for every childhood ailment was milk laced with brandy, if nothing else the kid got a good night's sleep.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2012, 08:45 AM

Sure is, I think for me it is because when I get a head ache it is normally due to a blocked nose and menthol obviously relieves that, thence relieving the head ache.
inthemoment777
United Kingdom
inthemoment777 is male  inthemoment777 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 09:40 AM

I totally agree. Painkillers cause a whole host of problems from headaches to depression to risk of cancer to death. To pop synthetic chemicals into our body's regularly is going to have some side affects!

According to a new report from Brandeis University, prescription painkillers are now responsible for more fatal overdoses in the U.S. than heroin and cocaine combined.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has called it an epidemic of prescription painkiller deaths.

This following article was written in America by:
Sherry Baker, Health Sciences Editor Monday, September 24, 2012

Bottom line: the dramatic increase in mortality and overdoses from prescription drugs is largely due to a vastly increased use of these drugs by doctors. In fact, between 1999 and 2010, the sales of these Big Pharma, highly addictive and potentially killer drugs increased four-fold.

And while it is a terrible and sobering fact that, according to the CDC, about 15,000 Americans die from overdosing on prescription painkillers each year, let's put this tragedy in the larger perspective of the ongoing Big Pharma drug nightmare. The truth is, overdose deaths from painkillers are not the biggest drug problem in the US. Consider that 100,000 Americans die each year from their prescriptions due to known side-effects -- not because the doctor made a mistake and prescribed the wrong drug, or the pharmacist made a mistake in filling the prescription, or the patient accidentally took too much or overdosed on purpose.

The pharmaceutical industry heavily funds the mainstream media and medical association, so don't hold your breath to see balanced reporting or negative publications on pharmaceutical drugs

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top