Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2011, 12:18 PM

Re: The good things about being over 50.

Glass half empty:
Over 50 - means losing your health, unable to do things, more difficult to find work, friends and relatives start dying.

Glass half full:
Over 50 - dont have to worry so much about money (hopefully)
Dont have to work very long - retirement is in sight - anyone who wants to carrying on working is an idiot.; there are many beter things to do.
You dont have to put up with crap!
You do what you want to do, not what others want you to do.
You can say what you want without worrying about the consequences.
You dint have to worry about fashion and trying to look young anymore.
You make lots of new friends at the doctors.
You can annoy young people!
GOG
Northumberland UK
GOG is male  GOG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2011, 12:22 PM

On the bright side, Turnips are cheap at the moment!

mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by GOG ->
On the bright side, Turnips are cheap at the moment!

I like you GOG !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by mrmojorisin ->
Nothing springs to mind really...
How about the possession of a 'bus pass' and the ability to travel on local urban transport FREE OF CHARGE!!! - isn't that something to celebrate for reaching a venerable age???
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2011, 11:10 AM

In my local the over 60's get 25cents off a pint up to 8pm., as the big store says, 'Every little helps'.
GOG
Northumberland UK
GOG is male  GOG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
How about the possession of a 'bus pass' and the ability to travel on local urban transport FREE OF CHARGE!!! - isn't that something to celebrate for reaching a venerable age???
Yes it is Uncle Joe. However my problem is that our local buses go where the bus Companies want them to go.....NOT where I want them to go!

Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

02-04-2011, 09:48 PM

Yer `avin a larf , aint ya ?

I abhor public transport
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
Yer `avin a larf , aint ya ?

I abhor public transport
Well aren't we the 'prissy one' - there are some us who can't afford to purchase, and run our own private transport and irrespective of how good or bad it is, our only choice is public transport. Apart from anything else, it is also a lot more environmentally friendly.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

03-04-2011, 03:21 PM

Well aren't we the 'prissy one' - there are some us who can't afford to purchase, and run our own private transport and irrespective of how good or bad it is, our only choice is public transport. Apart from anything else, it is also a lot more environmentally friendly.

ROFL @ 'prissy one'

If you knew the meaning of that word you wouldnt apply it to me Joe

http://www.yourdictionary.com/prissy

I`m gonna tell ya a wee story Joe ......... When I first joined this Site someone had a thread going about what one thing gave us the most satisfaction ( i`ll add a link to the thread at the end of this post , but bear in mind a lot of the posts were pulled as things got very out of hand , and I dont mean by me . ) .....I responded by saying " a danm good seeing to " ........ LOL ......... I was jumped upon by some forum prudes and abused verbally , quite badly and appalingly so
One member even threated to leave ( ha ha ha , dont ya just love sabre rattlers ) ) as they were so offended by my language ............ LOLOLOLOL ... I hasten to add , that member is still here and doesnt complain about any other members , yet some of their language is much riper than mine .

So you see Joe name calling isnt nice and it isnt necessary , is it ?
I`m quite sure you and I can have differing opinions and points of view without you resorting to that .
Agreed ?

I worked very hard and very smart , also saved very hard and invested smart to afford what I have now Joe and i`m not making any apology for that .

I stand by what I said , " I do abhor public transport " and even if I was forced to use it , it wouldnt make me like it any more .

This is the thread that kicked it all off..................

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=3844

dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2011, 03:51 PM

Some of us have used public transportation lifelong, and appreciate and prefer it to the hassle and expense of owning a car. Not everyone is fortunate enough to live in a city with excellent public transportation.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top