Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 05:25 PM

US trade deal

Seem that the US farmers are emphatic that we have to accept thei stadards in any trade deal

https://news.yahoo.com/no-deal-brexi...l8V167wWdP9gx#

Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 05:35 PM

Re: US trade deal

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Seem that the US farmers are emphatic that we have to accept thei stadards in any trade deal

https://news.yahoo.com/no-deal-brexi...l8V167wWdP9gx#

Great news !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Great news !
Bread you have to feel a bit sorry for some remain voters , they have an obsession with chlorinated chicken and clearly feel obliged to buy anything that comes into the country regardless of the standard. They seem unable to say no.

I already say no to a lot of the tasteless rubbish that comes in from the EU like the dreadful tomatoes that come from Holland and I will continue to buy British produce following the seasons when they are at their best.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Bread you have to feel a bit sorry for some remain voters , they have an obsession with chlorinated chicken and clearly feel obliged to buy anything that comes into the country regardless of the standard. They seem unable to say no.

I already say no to a lot of the tasteless rubbish that comes in from the EU like the dreadful tomatoes that come from Holland and I will continue to buy British produce following the seasons when they are at their best.

Exactly ... I can see the remainers turning to veganism

Nick Clegg (the man who hates kids) seems to be well fed in his new swanky mansion in Silicon Valley ... I wonder what he's having for dinner.

It wasn't long ago Holland and Denmark sent us 700,000 contaminated eggs. At least a chlorinated chicken won't kill you

USA beef is ok for the EU though ... that's fine.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 05:54 PM

Should not be a problem, as long as the UK BSI agrees with that. I've been told on this forum by a reliable source (bread) that bsi standards are at least equal or higher that the EU's.
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

24-08-2019, 05:57 PM

The UK should not really worry too much about chlorinated chicken (with the US being the most litigiousness country surely the process kills everything bar the end consumer) nor hormone stuffed beef (maybe there's a health risk but the steaks are so very tender). Nor indeed the dairy products (the cheese is utterly tasteless though). Or the GM crops.
However the UK farmers will be a tad worried about the mega-herd farms and the mega-scale, mega-chemical treated wheat fields that allow the US agri business to be 20-30% cheaper than UK produce. Big whoop for the consumer no doubt. Shame about all those farms going bust. Hey, but what does farming do for us? Ditch the lot of the grant dependent, milk price moaning, straw chewing farmers. Let them sink I say.
(Did anyone take a note of how many farmers committed suicide during and after the foot & mouth disease?)
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

24-08-2019, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by gascony ->
The UK should not really worry too much about chlorinated chicken (with the US being the most litigiousness country surely the process kills everything bar the end consumer) nor hormone stuffed beef (maybe there's a health risk but the steaks are so very tender). Nor indeed the dairy products (the cheese is utterly tasteless though). Or the GM crops.
However the UK farmers will be a tad worried about the mega-herd farms and the mega-scale, mega-chemical treated wheat fields that allow the US agri business to be 20-30% cheaper than UK produce. Big whoop for the consumer no doubt. Shame about all those farms going bust. Hey, but what does farming do for us? Ditch the lot of the grant dependent, milk price moaning, straw chewing farmers. Let them sink I say.
(Did anyone take a note of how many farmers committed suicide during and after the foot & mouth disease?)
Utter rubbish...

A lot of farmers voted leave. Look at the way the vote went in rural areas.

I take it you haven't heard of quotas... it doesn't look like it to me. Besides all you remainers will be buying British because everything else doesn't meet your elitist standards and isn't expensive enough.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Similarly one has to feel sorry about leavers who only care about themselves whereas I care about people who unlike me may not be in a position to pick and choose the source or quality of produce that they buy

I also believe in improving standards not reducing the and it’s ironic that leavers who consistently moan about being dictated to by the EU are so eager to let the USA do exactly that
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

24-08-2019, 11:48 PM

Similarly one has to feel sorry about leavers who only care about themselves whereas I care about people who unlike me may not be in a position to pick and choose the source or quality of produce that they buy

I also believe in improving standards not reducing the and it’s ironic that leavers who consistently moan about being dictated to by the EU are so eager to let the USA do exactly that
You should have voted leave then

Welcome to brexit
Banchory
Kent

25-08-2019, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You should have voted leave then

Welcome to brexit
The usual inane answer I see. Why should I have voted leave?

You certainly both fit and reinforce the demographics on leave voters

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top