Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 12:45 PM

Yoga for men

In the past, the thought of men doing Yoga has always seemed a bit....poncy to me but now that I am getting older than I would like, I am considering taking it up. I have recently downloaded an ebook on the subject and the exercises look quite easy.

So does Yoga actually work? Does it make you feel good and relieve stress as claimed?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 02:45 PM

Re: Yoga for men

Not half my Dongles. I do 3 classes a week, and have been doing Yoga for the last 6 or 7 years now. I do mine with the Hindu people and they are much more gentle and spiritual than the English tutors I have met, who tend to work more physically and not on the mind as well.

I would suggest you go to a proper class if possible though, just in case you do something wrong on your own, and hurt yourself. I like doing it in the company of others anyway.
Actually you could do both. If you learned the proper way with a tutor, then you can still practice what you've learned at home the rest of the week by yourself.
They do say it has got to be done every day to get the benefits though, it's no good just occasionally, that will not benefit you at all.

P.S. I find the yoga breathing useful in other situations too, like if I can't sleep for example. It relaxes me.
Last year I had to have a MRI scan and I really, really hate being shut in that tunnel. I closed my eyes and concentrated on my yoga breathing and when they hooked me out, they congratulated me and seemed surprised that I hadn't moved a muscle.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
In the past, the thought of men doing Yoga has always seemed a bit....poncy to me but now that I am getting older than I would like, I am considering taking it up. I have recently downloaded an ebook on the subject and the exercises look quite easy.

So does Yoga actually work? Does it make you feel good and relieve stress as claimed?
Hi

Well the sight of our local yoga teacher will certainly raise your blood pressure.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well the sight of our local yoga teacher will certainly raise your blood pressure.

Now stop it Swimmy. There's me trying to soothe him and you getting him over excited!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Now stop it Swimmy. There's me trying to soothe him and you getting him over excited!
Yes, indeed...I don't think they have a yoga position for over excited dongles yet, do they Mups?!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

20-01-2017, 03:27 PM

Doubt it Rhian, but our Dongle doesn't know that . . . so we could invent one?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Doubt it Rhian, but our Dongle doesn't know that . . . so we could invent one?
Ooh you are awful..
But I like your style!!!
Mwahahahaha!!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

20-01-2017, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Ooh you are awful..
But I like your style!!!
Mwahahahaha!!!

We can always blame Swimmy if it goes pear-shaped.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Yes, indeed...I don't think they have a yoga position for over excited dongles yet, do they Mups?!!
Hi

Get back to the classroom, your pupils need you.

Besides which, you have now got Longy in a right tizz thinking about all sorts of positions.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

20-01-2017, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Get back to the classroom, your pupils need you.
My year 8s are in Camp, which means I'm on a bonus free lesson yaaaay!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top