Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 10:13 AM

Re: Gladiators 'Cobra' in hospital

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Sorry Floydy,I think you have taken the information from a poster personally,..imho,..there is nothing wrong in exercise,but when it's to the excess,like these silly gladiators have done,yes I believe it was for entertainment ,..and money,only they didn't seem to realise the damage they were doing to their bodies at the time,for some if you are hungry enough for fame,many will just about do anything,Imo,I had a lovely personal trainer,who ran every day,on the pavement,..she has had nothing but knee problems,also her doctor told her,that if she kept it up,she would end up in a wheelchair,...imo,our bodies are not built to take that physical amount of exercise,...I would never run long distance either,it's a mugs game,but that is just my opinion.
Also I would just like to add,some of the guys at the gym,love the attention their muscles get from the girls,which is fine.same with the girls,they love the attention their toned bodies and bums get from the meni should know,I used to be one of them,
Edit to add,sorry to hear about the guy in hospital ,I sincerely hope he recovers soon.
Errmmmm! Sorry Pauline, but I've just passed the forty year mark being a long and ultra long distance runner......And at sixty eight there's nowt' wrong with me.....
Still going strong......
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 10:22 AM

[QUOTE=OldGreyFox;1678175....And at sixty eight there's nowt' wrong with me.....
Still going strong......[/QUOTE]

And long may it continue!

I voiced my opinion,I have read so much about long distant/marathon running,I also know the damage it can cause,

Correct me if I am wrong,OGF,but didn't I read on my heart thread,that you had,had a few heart attacks?

Out of curiosity,do you run everyday?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Errmmmm! Sorry Pauline, but I've just passed the forty year mark being a long and ultra long distance runner......And at sixty eight there's nowt' wrong with me.....
Still going strong......
I'm curious old bean. You had heart treatment didn't you?

What was the cause of that if I may ask?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Still going strong......
Attaboy Bob. You tell 'em
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
In hospital with pluerisy, pneumonia, and needs double hip replacement. Poor man.

According to The Sun he also suffered a massive rupture in his shoulder and can't raise his arm.

Plus

"He was rushed to hospital before Christmas with severe acute pancreatitis - a cripplingly painful condition where your pancreas swells up - and needs two new hips"

Also says he's knacked his immune system which would explain the lung infections:

"Michael, who lives in St Mary's Bay, Kent, described how he "destroyed" his immune system with arthritis after taking on brutal workouts."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...body-workouts/

Doesn't look good really.

All for entertainment and stardom
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

06-04-2019, 07:01 PM

If all that were not enough he apparently also has arthritis in his spine too !

https://twitter.com/GladiatorsTV/sta...78136814972928

The man is a physical wreck. I guess the famous words from the great film Bladerunner run true:

"Tyrell: The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long "
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 07:26 PM

A man such as Cobra should have paid more attention to his technique rather than stuffing himself full of roids.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
And long may it continue!

I voiced my opinion,I have read so much about long distant/marathon running,I also know the damage it can cause,

Correct me if I am wrong,OGF,but didn't I read on my heart thread,that you had,had a few heart attacks?

Out of curiosity,do you run everyday?
Oh That!.....
Yes you are quite correct Pauline, back in 2004 after a career of long and Ultra-long distance running my training was interrupted by an untimely Heart Attack...I actually flatlined twice as I was rushed to hospital. Within six weeks I was back on the road again doing short slow jogging, and after having stents fitted later that year I resumed full training and returned to running Half Marathons. Unfortunately, due to family pressure (an attempt to keep me alive) I was banned from running full marathons and forty mile fell runs.....

Due to a faulty stent I suffered a further Heart Attack in 2014, but returned to running later that same year, however! I've now been banned from running half marathons.... So ten miles is my maximum distance these days.
I've always run three times per week with a long run on Sunday, in my marathon running days it would consist of an eight miler on Tuesdays, a ten miler on Thursdays and fifteen or twenty miles on Sundays, but this would be increased when training for a long fell running event......

Recently because I've reduced my mileage to five miles on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I've put an extra five miler in on Fridays and continue running up to ten miles on Sundays......

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I'm curious old bean. You had heart treatment didn't you?

What was the cause of that if I may ask?
Hi Realist, when at 53 years old, I was admitted to hospital during my first Heart Attack I had low blood pressure, slow heart rate, cholesterol of 5.5 and weighed just ten stones.
My Dad had also suffered a heart attack when he was young, so hereditary connections were suggested. I had also been a smoker for thirty five years prior to my attack. After an angiogram revealed that just one small group of arteries were responsible, and the rest were in very good condition, they said it was the years of running that had saved my life, and I would make a good recovery, which I have.

Needless to say, I haven't smoked one cigarette since that Sunday morning back in May 2004 and although several previous attempts to stop smoking failed, I have never even given it a second thought since......A recent full body medical scanning has revealed that I have indeed got the body of a 53 year old.......
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Doesn't look good really.

All for entertainment and stardom

So you keep saying,Realist!...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

07-04-2019, 07:52 AM

Floydy,I agree about the roids,..you definitely have a point there,imo,

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top