Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 07:53 AM

Re: Kitchen makeover

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Ooh I didn't realise there were bright yellow bits. Do you have a photo Lindy? It's easier to get an idea then.
I tried............I really thought I'd managed it..........but once again - failed. I really really can't post a photo on this forum!!

..............unless it's uploaded somewhere of course!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 08:13 AM

Personally i wouldnt go with slate tops in a small kitchen i would keep it all light and accessorise with accent colours in things like blinds kettle toaster that sort of thing....my kitchen is small I have beige sparkly quartz tops and beige high gloss cabinets...with accessories in dark burgundy I'll put a picture up later if I get chance...incidentally I had dark tops in my last kitchen they were hard to keep clean and streak free

Good luck...I love remodelling rooms.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I tried............I really thought I'd managed it..........but once again - failed. I really really can't post a photo on this forum!!

..............unless it's uploaded somewhere of course!
That's a shame, perhaps try to resize it before posting. That sometimes works.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 10:37 AM

[IMG]http://IMG_20190704_073221381.jpg[IMG]

Have just managed to post photos in my profile - you'll see the light grey tiles with blue and yellow tiles. The worktop was bought to go with the flooring.....also yucky brown. Then I found the present flooring which seemed to be much the same as the tiles (it has since faded).

So I think a slate grey worktop wouldn't make the room any darker than it is at present.

The current curtains are never drawn............very old fashioned..........and something modern would be good as well as a splashback above the hob. Which is easiest to clean - glass or acrylic?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 11:54 AM

Thanks! I see what you mean. You will never win with the tile colour combination. What goes with the mustard yellow won't go with the blue. Bright yellow wouldn't really go.

I would remove all the tiles and just have painted walls (e.g. around the door) then have that strip perspex stuff spashback material where you need it by work surfaces and the sink etc. It shouldn't cost as much as retiling.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 12:11 PM

You could
Remove all the tiles and just have painted walls and coloured splashbacks as Annie’s suggests

Tile over existing tiles
Use tile paint and paint over the tiles, as for worktops how about a light wood effect or a light to mid grey
Cupboards look ok maybe transform them with different handles..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top