Join for free
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 11:01 AM

lightest folding exercise bikes

HI

Does anyone know of model of exercise bike that is the lightest and easiest to fold or move out of the way (little wheels on the bottom so it could be tipped and pushed out of the way would be ok).

Ideally it would need to be under 20kg. I'm not bothered about a fancy one with hundreds of programs. Just a manual one I can sit on (a back rest maybe helpful) with an adjustable height and low 'step over', so I don't feel like I'm perched up high and about to fall off!

Thanks

Susan

Edit: it also needs to be very quiet when I'm using it as I suffer from hyperacusis (over-sensitive hearing) which is why I'd prefer a manual one rather than an electric one.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 12:21 PM

Re: lightest folding exercise bikes

How about one of these from Sports Direct, Susan? They vary in price but some are very inexpensive depending on the spec you want.
https://www.sportsdirect.com/fitness...exercise-bikes
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 08:55 PM

If I needed an exercise bike, I would keep my eyes open as occasionally I see them chucked out sitting in the front gardens.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 06:35 PM

Hi susan, I'm late to this thread, and you may have bought something by now!

Here's mine, nice and light (13.9) and easy to use...

http://www.exercise-bike-review.co.u...BoCQ6sQAvD_BwE
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
If I needed an exercise bike, I would keep my eyes open as occasionally I see them chucked out sitting in the front gardens.
Ha, so true. Used to see hundreds at the tip in February.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 06:45 PM

Sit at with a back rest?

How about one of these then?

Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Sit at with a back rest?

We had something similar to that. Think about what would happen when you start peddling? Yes the thing moves away from you.
The cure... Tie string from it to the legs of the chair.
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Hi susan, I'm late to this thread, and you may have bought something by now!

Here's mine, nice and light (13.9) and easy to use...

http://www.exercise-bike-review.co.u...BoCQ6sQAvD_BwE
Hi

The one I got looks similar but it doesn't have the cross bar right across and has a back rest and side support. Its described as semi-recumbent, quite a few people with arthritis had reviewed it and mentioned it because you didn't have to 'get your leg over' anything high to get on the seat!

This is mine.

https://www.exercise.co.uk/marcy-ns-...-exercise-bike.

I've only been on for short periods to start as I don't want to overdo things and my knees swell then not be able to use it for weeks, as I do have arthritis in my knees.

Hoping to build up to 30 mins to do one of those virtual cycling DVD's.
Susan68
Up North, UK

20-07-2019, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Sit at with a back rest?

Hi

I had some electric pedals like that which you plug in and park the wheelchair in front and it moved your legs for you.

I was wanting to move onto a regular bike now my balance had improved to walk a bit more and sit on an upright one (as I believe it exercises more parts of the body than a recumbent bike).

I did find it harder to pedal at first doing it under my own steam for the first time (the electric ones keep your legs moving fluidly for you so it kind of bypasses the co-ordination part of your brain).

I'm hoping it will further improve my walking co-ordination. I'd like to get to from having to use a crutch to a walking stick or hiking poles. Also hoping it will help with the oedema issues I have in one side (leg) which using the passive training bike hasn't seem to have done anything for.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top