Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 03:09 PM

Re: Cruise and which cabin is best

Ok if you do book a cruise you then have 2 choices when in a foreign port.

1= you can leave the ship and do your own thing, but if back late to the ship they won't wait for you

2= you can book organised trips which will cost extra but with them you actually learn a lot more about the area and the ship will wait for organised tours. You do get some free time to wander about as well

3= do half and half depending of length of ships stay in port and organised tour time

if you choose "2 " then best book at the same time as the cruise as places go quickly on popular onshore tours.

A typical organised tour.

A sicilian courtyard with food and drink included as part of the organised tour

taught how to make his own pipes and 5 years training to get as good as this

Ok been out for the day now back on board. Then it is stuffing your face with as much food as possible. The first couple of days you eat as much as you can

So what about the evening?

wow what about the evenings, so much going on apart from the major shows, virtually every area has something happening from someone playing a piano or organ to small side shows put on but the entertainment staff

Watch the passengers joining in

By 12 midnight or 1 am your ready to hit the sack as the next day you might be up very early to get breakfast before the next on shore trip.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 03:23 PM

on our Japanese cruise some guests went into singing groups as that was their "Thing"

or learnt Japanese dances

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

20-07-2019, 03:53 PM

Of course you can curl up with a book in a quiet area ,but why? you will miss a lot of entertainment which you have paid for

One thing that is different you can actually chat to these people they are quiet approachable not like in a theatre.
He learnt to play in his local church
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Of course you can curl up with a book in a quiet area ,but why? you will miss a lot of entertainment which you have paid for
A valid point but entertainment that just doesn't appeal to me.
Others probably enjoy it - must enjoy it.

I just prefer a quiet stroll in the countryside with my faithful furry companion.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

20-07-2019, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
A valid point but entertainment that just doesn't appeal to me.
Others probably enjoy it - must enjoy it.

I just prefer a quiet stroll in the countryside with my faithful furry companion.

Fine if you don't what to see more of the world you live in.

However if you don't travel you don't know what your missing

I can think of nothing worse than passing the same tree a dog uses every day

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top