Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 08:39 PM

Another Shooting

This time at Walmart ,El Paso , Texas.
One killed and lots injured , so sad, what is happening over there ?. I just don"t know TBH.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 08:50 PM

Re: Another Shooting

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
This time at Walmart ,El Paso , Texas.
One killed and lots injured , so sad, what is happening over there ?. I just don"t know TBH.
Guns.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 08:55 PM

Well yes , I know that ,but what I am curious about is what is motivating them all .
I mean there was the Californa one last week .
Quite heartbreaking really ,for all the victims families
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Well yes , I know that ,but what I am curious about is what is motivating them all .
There are murders everywhere. Hatred, greed, violence.....
Knifing, strangling, suffocation and a host of others.

These require close physical contact. Firearms don't.
The Kennedy assassination is one example.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 09:25 PM

and the Americans still want guns, doesn't matter how many mass shootings there are they won't get rid of the guns

So sorry for all those lives lost and their families, a living nightmare.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

03-08-2019, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
and the Americans still want guns, doesn't matter how many mass shootings there are they won't get rid of the guns
The rate of firearms fatalities in USA is 40 times that of UK.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

03-08-2019, 10:32 PM

Well that is true, of course though the Americans have the right to bear arms which we don"t
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 10:52 PM

100 fatal stabbings in London so far this year and you're worried about the USA!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 11:15 PM

EL Paso. Yes another one, unknown dead and 22 in hospital some serious. Second mass shooting in 6 days. About time they revoked the constitution on the right to carry guns
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 12:00 AM

In 1996 We had the Port Arthur massacre. 35 people shot. After that there was a firearms amnesty and millions of guns were turned in followed by the strictest firearms laws in the world implemented. There have been shootings since yes but I would say nowhere near as many as there might have been given Australians propensity for following US trends in just about everything. (I might add they quite enjoy following a few of ours also) I guess the task of ridding Australia of firearms though was never going to be anywhere near as difficult here as it would be in the US. The right to bear arms is not enshrined in the constitution here or in the UK. It is in the US. There it is seen a a basic human right to keep guns and always has been. IT is a much more individualistic culture. Less inclined to do what the government says just because it's the government. The NRA is one of the most powerful institutions not only in the US but in the world. Sooner or later though things will have to change there. HOw?..I have no idea.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top