Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 09:22 AM

Re: Another Shooting

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree Summer, but what happens in the USA soon becomes the norm here! I know we still have strict rules on guns, but we still have knives being used to kill many people!

Isn't the real problem that everybody wants power & the best way to overpower people is if they are a threat to other's lives?

All political parties make nice promises to get votes, but until we get a strong government, who make laws that cannot be changed, the general public will know that there will always be a way that a good lawyer can get them an easy sentence.... if they get caught!

Sadly I feel that living in a country, where violence is so easily accepted, will destroy the civilized countries that most of the West have taken for granted!
So true Twinks....you missed your way you should have gone into politics.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 09:26 AM

The American gun lobby is all powerfull, they are unlikely to change their rules on gun ownership any time soon.

I avoid these stories now, if some Americans have a death wish by allowing the free sale of guns there is little we can do about it. Only the general public there can change things if enough want to that is.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
So true Twinks....you missed your way you should have gone into politics.
Not sure I would have got many votes, because I believe that people should be able to look after themselves ( apart from the severely disabled).
I also believe that violence breeds more violence, so those people should never be allowed to remain in a civilized society!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 10:45 AM

Yet another mass shooting has been reported, this time in Ohio, 16 people dead!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
It's just madness...
what is wrong with people...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Oh noooooo I hadn't heard
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Oh noooooo I hadn't heard
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49224816
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 12:57 PM

The right to bear arms is taken very seriously in USA. And, as I have mentioned before, the firearms fatality rate is forty time that of UK. Victims include presidents and schoolchildren*. You'd think that statistic alone would be enough to ban gun ownership or at least significantly curb it.

But that would be a vote loser so it ain't gonna happen.

*The only school massacre in UK that I recall was Dunblane in 1996. None since.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 02:12 PM

I wonder how much longer it will be until the USA goes the same way as the USSR and breaks apart.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 06:19 PM

This news is bad enough to hear on our news programmes. However, when it's seen in actual figures on our computer screens the real starkness of those figures seems to bring home the reality.

"The nonprofit organization, which is based in Washington, DC, defines a mass shooting as an event in which at least four people were shot. By its calculations, that means there have been some 292 mass shootings in the US since the year began.

As of today (Aug. 4), we are 216 days into 2019. In the US over that time, more than 1,300 people have been injured or killed in mass shootings, according to data collected by the Gun Violence Archive."

https://qz.com/1681082/the-292-mass-...s-year-mapped/

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top