Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 10:28 PM

Spud u like closing outlets?

Just wondered if anyone here has ever been to a spud u like? I remember going there in the 80s but I had no idea they still had a high street presence. To be honest I can't believe they have been going for so long!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gh-Street.html
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 10:30 PM

Re: Spud u like closing outlets?

You may not believe this Annie, but I've never even heard of them.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 10:36 PM

I've heard the name but I don't think I've ever seen one anywhere. I wonder what part of the country they are in?
Shame for the staff though.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 10:48 PM

They seem to have branches all over the UK.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You may not believe this Annie, but I've never even heard of them.
That makes 2 of us Mups
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 10:56 PM

We used to have a Spud u Like not far from us but they closed down or moved to another location a few years ago.

I've never been in one though.

This one is in the central shopping Mall for those who have never heard of them....

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/uv?hl=...oiowDHoECA0QBg
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 11:31 PM

I've seen one in white rose centre at Leeds but never eaten there. I don't know a single person who has either to be honest
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 06:09 AM

There is one in the McArthur Glen Designer outlet at Naburn, near York. I put my hands up to having eaten there when out with friends. Admittedly I stuck to the safest of the fillings - baked beans and cheese - but it was good.

Had to smile when the article in OP referred to them as a restaurant chain though - cafe, perhaps, restaurant? Never.

It will be sad to lose the one at McArthur Glen though - it was the best of the bunch in their food hall.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That makes 2 of us Mups
Add me to that .
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 07:29 AM

As usual though it's employees who have made those who own the business a lot of money since 1974 who will suffer financially. Having been there myself on occasions over the years, it's devastating to lose money you have worked for, cannot replace and have no redress whatsoever.

Workers were owed two weeks’ pay, with some employees owed more than £500 in back pay, according to one staff member.

Another said he and a manager had already started work for the day when they received an email telling them to stop prepping food.

He said: “I got home later that day still in shock over what had happened and when I finally went to bed, broke down into tears at the realisation I may not even be able to pay my rent this month.”

https://www.theguardian.com/business...turn-continues

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top