Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 08:06 AM

Re: US trade deal

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
The usual inane answer I see. Why should I have voted leave?

You certainly both fit and reinforce the demographics on leave voters

That demographic is invented by the lying remainers

I thought the caring left were supposed to be in favour cheaper food for the poor ? So much for you being a principled man

The UK is the least integrated member state with the single market- we benefit the least from it. Business should be investing in germany but it isn't - look at our foreign investment compared to the 27. That should give you a clue.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 03:08 PM

I also believe in improving standards not reducing the and it’s ironic that leavers who consistently moan about being dictated to by the EU are so eager to let the USA do exactly that
Apparently british produce is below american standards. Why else would america refuse british products even though they don't seem to harm british consumers?

Offering an example of an American trade restriction, Mr Johnson said: "Melton Mowbray pork pies, which are sold in Thailand and in Iceland, are currently unable to enter the US market because of, I don't know, some sort of food and drug administration restriction."

He continued: "UK bell peppers cannot get into the US market at all.

"Wine shipments are heavily restricted. If you want to export wine made in England to the US you have to go through a US distributor.

"There is a tax on British micro-breweries in the US that doesn't apply to US micro-breweries in the UK."

The government added that tariffs on some UK goods in the US can reach up to 28% for fashion, 15% for machinery and 35% for food and drink. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49462613
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 03:27 PM

Anyone visits USA surely eats the this chicken and anyone in this country has eaten bagged salad has eaten chlorine too. As for swimmers not just chlorine I'd suggest.

They can send as much as they like we don't have to buy it and eat it. They won't send if we refuse to eat it.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Anyone visits USA surely eats the this chicken and anyone in this country has eaten bagged salad has eaten chlorine too. As for swimmers not just chlorine I'd suggest.

They can send as much as they like we don't have to buy it and eat it. They won't send if we refuse to eat it.
Excellent example, swimming in chlorinated water (with urine)! The chlorine is added to kill harmfull bacteria, from diseased people, you might swallow.
The same for washing chicken with chlorinated water. The production process in america is so rude that bowel content (shit) with bacteria gets on the meat. To protect the consumers from food poisoning the meat is desinfected with chlorine which kills most, but not all!, bacteria.
So there remains a small risk of salmonella poisoning. CDC in the usa estimates*Salmonella causes about 1.2 million illnesses, 23,000 hospitalizations, and 450 deaths in the United States every year. Food is the source for about 1 million of these illnesses.

You WILL eat it, since you don't know. The UK doesn't believe in the EU directive of printing country of origin on food packaging.

Bon appetit!
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
That demographic is invented by the lying remainers

I thought the caring left were supposed to be in favour cheaper food for the poor ? So much for you being a principled man

The UK is the least integrated member state with the single market- we benefit the least from it. Business should be investing in germany but it isn't - look at our foreign investment compared to the 27. That should give you a clue.
So you are saying that Stephan Adrian Shakespeare is a liar, base on what evidence?

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...-britain-voted

A weakened pound due to Brexit will increase prices, not applying tariffs may offset some of the increase but will damage our own food angle farming industries. Why do you want food prices to rise?

https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...coming-no-deal

That we are the least integrated is solely down to us and is maybe why you whinge about getting the least from it, it’s a bit like being part of a team but rarely turning up for training and as a consequence always sitting on the substitutes bench and then complaining that you don’t get to play as much as the others

A substantial amount of that foreign investment is he as we provided easy tariff free access to the worlds largest trading bloc. That access will not be there when we leave.

Your arguments only serve to support the case that the demographics were right
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Excellent example, swimming in chlorinated water (with urine)! The chlorine is added to kill harmfull bacteria, from diseased people, you might swallow.
The same for washing chicken with chlorinated water. The production process in america is so rude that bowel content (shit) with bacteria gets on the meat. To protect the consumers from food poisoning the meat is desinfected with chlorine which kills most, but not all!, bacteria.
So there remains a small risk of salmonella poisoning. CDC in the usa estimates*Salmonella causes about 1.2 million illnesses, 23,000 hospitalizations, and 450 deaths in the United States every year. Food is the source for about 1 million of these illnesses.

You WILL eat it, since you don't know. The UK doesn't believe in the EU directive of printing country of origin on food packaging.

Bon appetit!
I won't eat it my family and I are all vegetarians who don't eat bagged salad. You seem to be under some misapprehension most super markets these days tell you what farm things are from. Not just county of origin but which cow or chicken it was.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

25-08-2019, 06:48 PM

I won't eat it my family and I are all vegetarians who don't eat bagged salad. You seem to be under some misapprehension most super markets these days tell you what farm things are from. Not just county of origin but which cow or chicken it was.
Yes, quite transparent. https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/con...european-union
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 07:58 PM

So you are saying that Stephan Adrian Shakespeare is a liar, base on what evidence?

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...-britain-voted

A weakened pound due to Brexit will increase prices, not applying tariffs may offset some of the increase but will damage our own food angle farming industries. Why do you want food prices to rise?

https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...coming-no-deal

That we are the least integrated is solely down to us and is maybe why you whinge about getting the least from it, it’s a bit like being part of a team but rarely turning up for training and as a consequence always sitting on the substitutes bench and then complaining that you don’t get to play as much as the others

A substantial amount of that foreign investment is he as we provided easy tariff free access to the worlds largest trading bloc. That access will not be there when we leave.

Your arguments only serve to support the case that the demographics were right

We control our own tarrifs ... do you still not get this ?

Secondly we can buy products from other countries that are way cheaper than the EU. That's the whole point of Brexit.

Third the pound will bounce back- it always does.

Fourth - we are still the least integrated in the single market and we benefit the least from it.

Fifth- no 11.2 billion net contributions

Sixth we have had the most foreign investment in the last 3 years than any other country in the world except china ... despite Brexit and being the least integrated in the single market. Hello ? Hello ?

After three years you still do not understand what we voted for
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 08:30 PM

You didn’t understand what you voted for then and you obviously still don’t.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

25-08-2019, 08:31 PM

I wonder what Nick Clegg is having for dinner in his swanky new Facebook sponsored pad in Silicon Valley ....

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top