Join for free
Page 11 of 20 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 10:40 PM

Re: Breaking - Boris Shutsdown Parliament ..

We'll have to wait and see Solly, I'm sure you'll be very inventive.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The predictons were immediate catastrophe Banchory!
Millions out of work, no food to eat, you know the story!
You probably helped propogate it??

Regards Donkeyman!
Then you would be wrong, nothing unusual there

You probably believed Boris’s promise that we could have our cake and eat it which has turned out to be another of his lies

The real impact of Brexit on the UK will only be truly evident after we leave. Whether that impact is good or bad remains to be seen
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
We'll have to wait and see Solly, I'm sure you'll be very inventive.
Thanx for your vote of confidence ray.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Then you would be wrong, nothing unusual there

You probably believed Boris’s promise that we could have our cake and eat it which has turned out to be another of his lies

The real impact of Brexit on the UK will only be truly evident after we leave. Whether that impact is good or bad remains to be seen

So you have abandoned project fear and have no idea.

This is brilliant
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
What has project fear got right so far ?

Did you believe George Osborne when he said between 500 and 800 thousand people would be unemployed in the UK straight after the referendum result came in if it was in favour of leave ?

Did you ?

Yes or no ?
Why would I believe Osborne any more than I would believe Johnson. Both are unreliable as far as the truth is concerned. I doubt any sensible person would believe that prediction or give it any credibility. That said only a fool would believe that there would not be any job losses or negative impacts

Are you suggesting that you believe there have been no negative impacts or Brexit was related job losses since the referendum?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 11:19 PM

Why would I believe Osborne any more than I would believe Johnson. Both are unreliable as far as the truth is concerned. I doubt any sensible person would believe that prediction or give it any credibility. That said only a fool would believe that there would not be any job losses or negative impacts

Are you suggesting that you believe there have been no negative impacts or Brexit was related job losses since the referendum?

We have the highest employment figures for the past 40 years since we voted leave.

Can you answer my question ? It's a simple yes or no ...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 11:22 PM

The government is unsurprisingly fond of citing the UK’s resilient labour market. Unemployment remains at a 42-year low of 4.3 per cent (1.44 million) and employment is at a 46-year high (75.3 per cent). The Conservatives have cut more than a million public-sector jobs since 2010 (reducing the total to 16.9 per cent of the UK’s workforce, the lowest since the Office for National Statistics’ current records began in 1999), yet the private sector has more than compensated.

But the grim corollary of Britain’s jobs success is its productivity failure. The average French, German or US worker produces more in four days than a UK equivalent in five. In the most recent quarter, British output per hour was a mere 0.9 percentage points higher than it was a decade ago – the worst growth for 200 years. Here lies the root of the UK’s living standards crisis. In the absence of higher productivity, there is no sustainable means of increasing pay without stoking inflation.

Britain’s problem is not, as in France (where unemployment is 9.8 per cent), a lack of jobs but a lack of good and well-paid jobs. There are more overqualified employees in the UK than anywhere else in the EU; 1.4 million workers are on zero-hours contracts, some through choice. Britain neither invests nor exports enough. Its economy is dependent on rising property prices, consumer spending and financial services. Debt has been the engine of growth.

The UK is too unbalanced, too unproductive and too unequal. To this amalgam of woes, a new menace has been added: Brexit.

The above is a description of britain before 2016. Not the best conditions to face brexit.
https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...ick-man-europe
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

28-08-2019, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The government is unsurprisingly fond of citing the UK’s resilient labour market. Unemployment remains at a 42-year low of 4.3 per cent (1.44 million) and employment is at a 46-year high (75.3 per cent). The Conservatives have cut more than a million public-sector jobs since 2010 (reducing the total to 16.9 per cent of the UK’s workforce, the lowest since the Office for National Statistics’ current records began in 1999), yet the private sector has more than compensated.

But the grim corollary of Britain’s jobs success is its productivity failure. The average French, German or US worker produces more in four days than a UK equivalent in five. In the most recent quarter, British output per hour was a mere 0.9 percentage points higher than it was a decade ago – the worst growth for 200 years. Here lies the root of the UK’s living standards crisis. In the absence of higher productivity, there is no sustainable means of increasing pay without stoking inflation.

Britain’s problem is not, as in France (where unemployment is 9.8 per cent), a lack of jobs but a lack of good and well-paid jobs. There are more overqualified employees in the UK than anywhere else in the EU; 1.4 million workers are on zero-hours contracts, some through choice. Britain neither invests nor exports enough. Its economy is dependent on rising property prices, consumer spending and financial services. Debt has been the engine of growth.

The UK is too unbalanced, too unproductive and too unequal. To this amalgam of woes, a new menace has been added: Brexit.

The above is a description of britain before 2016. Not the best conditions to face brexit.
https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...ick-man-europe

We are the 5th biggest economy in the world.

Holland is where exactly?
Banchory
Kent

29-08-2019, 12:00 AM

So you have abandoned project fear and have no idea.

This is brilliant
I never bought into project fear, it’s an invention of lievers

Did I say I had no Idea? There you go making things up again

I said we will find out when we leave. What’s so difficult to understand about that
Banchory
Kent

29-08-2019, 12:08 AM

We have the highest employment figures for the past 40 years since we voted leave.

Can you answer my question ? It's a simple yes or no ...
But we haven’t left yet have we

I have answered, having comprehension issues again?

Page 11 of 20 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top