Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 02:17 PM

Letter from missing son

Having read this story I'm not convinced the letter is from him. They said it wasn't his handwriting and someone wrote the letter for him but why would he get someone else to write the letter?

I can understand they are keeping positive and are joyful to 'hear from him' but I still wonder, is this really him?

His mother says there are things in the letter that lets her know it's him, hmmmm, perhaps it's someone who knew him well that's written it. I dunno, it's a strange one.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...ter/ar-AAGRycR
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 06:25 PM

Re: Letter from missing son

I really hope it is from himself and not some Scunner playing a cruel joke on the family. Sad to say but you can't tell easily these days.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 06:45 PM

I also hope it is him, but why doesn't he phone so they can be sure.
Long lost family had a programme a few weeks ago and mentioned people who were missing so he could have been one of those.
It is a sad fact that all families would want to believe it is really their missing child, but sadder that many scammers may try to get them to send money!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 07:18 PM

I hope it was him, it must be so worrying for his family.

I'm wondering if they could tell from the postmark where the letter came from.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 09:12 PM

I hope it's him .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top