Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 09:52 AM

Freedom of Speech

What has happened to us having the right to freedom of speech?

We now not only have to be politically correct(PC) such as saying chairperson which always used to be chairman for example.
What about tradesmen ? dustmen are now refuse collectors etc.

We now can't call a person by the colour of their skin let alone abbreviation of where they come from. Even to jamjars with figures on them are now not allowed.

Not to mention about people and their sexual preference.

Freedom of speech? not any more.

Notice how carefully I worded the above so as not to cause offence, a prime example
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 10:04 AM

Re: Freedom of Speech

It's all part of a bigger plan, I'm sure. I don't quite know who is running the Country but it isn't our politicians. There must be memos being sent around the Country every day saying what can and can't be done. Things like every advert has to show a black & white couple (even the animated ones) or a kid with an Afro hair cut. it's absurd. Sometimes there's a white Dad with one white kid and one black kid????
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 10:23 AM

Coffee coloured people by the score, well who would have thought it
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What has happened to us having the right to freedom of speech?

We now not only have to be politically correct(PC) such as saying chairperson which always used to be chairman for example.
What about tradesmen ? dustmen are now refuse collectors etc.

We now can't call a person by the colour of their skin let alone abbreviation of where they come from. Even to jamjars with figures on them are now not allowed.

Not to mention about people and their sexual preference.

Freedom of speech? not any more
Well said ; its getting ridicules cant be a Fireman or a Policeman because the name has man on the end what a load of bullocks the pc brigade should shut their yaps and let people got on with their life's it can be hard enough without the pc morons
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by pathfinder ->
Well said ; its getting ridicules cant be a Fireman or a Policeman because the name has man on the end what a load of bullocks the pc brigade should shut their yaps and let people got on with their life's it can be hard enough without the pc morons
I see that Fireman Sam has been banned in Linconshire
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
I see that Fireman Sam has been banned in Linconshire
Galty, I saw this on GMB this morning. Piers Morgan was getting a right bee in his bonnet about it.
Any why shouldn't he? There were also a couple of guests they were interviewing about transgender and apparently the BBC have come up with 100 (yes, count 'me, 100!) different forms of sex-based words that we must now adhere to when addressing people.
I.e. a "man" is no longer a "man", he has to be referred to as a "cis man", a term for people whose gender identity matches the sex that they were assigned at birth. For example, someone who identifies as a woman and was assigned female at birth is a cisgender woman.
One of these guests, a gay man, was wholly embracing this new terminology and agrees with the BBC that schools should be lecturing children about all of the abbreviations they should be using to one another.

Piers Morgan was quite rightly (in my opinion) getting extremely agitated (as always of course) about all of his and everything he said was completely right. He said he is a "man", not a "cis man" and could not get through to the blinkered individual that this was where he is at and that was it. Final.

On the subject of Fireman Sam, four of the team in the fire station are men, two are women.
On average in the UK, I think it was something like 92% of fire professionals are men. A woman (agreed with by the delectable but preening Susanna Reid) was getting very upset about all of this and said it should be more equal.
Morgan then said it's because it's simply a job that men choose to do more than women. When he put the question to the person that "Why are there a similar average of many more women nurses than men", the person just brushed it aside and ignored him.

We need more people in this world like Piers Morgan. Yes, he's full of his own ego but by golly, he's right on the button when it comes to common sense! It's the PC brigade and the simpering do-gooders that are fvcking up this country.

*Great thread, Realspeed, also. This will run a while I'm sure
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 12:44 PM

The best way to deal with all this crap is to ignore it. So long as we are not doing anything illegal (for now) we can call people what we like. A fireman is a fireman and that's that and I refuse to call an actress an actor. Eventually, the common sense generation will die out and the LGBlahblahblah will have afield day but at least it won't bother us when we are dead.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 12:49 PM

cis man? how bloody ridiculous.

Why are people agreeing to all these ridiculous changes?

I agree, we need more people like Piers Morgan that's not afraid to speak up and talk sense.

What is the matter with people these days? Why is everyone so offended?

I won't ever be calling any man a cis man, man will always be man just as woman will alway be woman..............they can lock me up if they want. at least I'll get a free tv license, food, board and bills paid.

Bloody ridiculous world we live in *shakes head*
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 12:49 PM

When my house catches fire I want some strong bloke to rescue me not a 5ft 2 ins other gender .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-09-2019, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
When my house catches fire I want some strong bloke to rescue me not a 5ft 2 ins other gender .
Too bloody true, not some over-made up transgender with hair extensions.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top