Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 04:52 PM

Re: New Flooring.

Looks great Pauline, and eminently practical... what's not to like...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 04:55 PM

The flooring looks good, Pauline...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I agree,a carpet does IMO,look more homely and warmer,unfortunately it wouldn't be practical in my household,as I have 2 dogs,plus we live in a tiny house,where we walk straight into our sitting room.....upstairs is a different story,I am going to have carpet in my bedroom,really looking forward to it...lovely warm feeling.."bliss"!
Yes, carpets are OK for bedrooms and stairs to prevent noise but wood/laminate flooring is much better when you have animals. So easy to keep clean.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 06:28 PM

Thank you,Barry,Mags.

LD,I much prefer carpets if I'm honest,I don't find this floor easy to keep clean as jack is shedding hair constantly,...it is much more practical as you say,because if it gets muddy,wet,a quick wipe will bring it up as new...
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 03:46 PM

Hi Pauline .
Love the floor , is it Karndean flooring?
We’ve got it in our summer house, it’s fantastic been down for 5 years not mark on it you would never know it wasn’t wood.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 04:59 PM

When I first laid our living room floor a few years ago I was a bit disappointed. It was solid Oak but with an oiled finish, not varnished. Every little mark showed up on it originally and I was scared to move furniture due to scratching. Since then, I have re-oiled it a few times and is great now. It still gets the odd scratch but I just have to oil the area and the scratch magically disappears. It has also endured a few 'puppy accidents' which has not affected it at all.

Really easy to keep clean too.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
It is about time they introduced a scratch free wood look flooring. Here we always prefer carpets it makes a room look warmer we think
Have a good look through the Amtico catalogue. Some of their flooring is very hard wearing and is used in commercial settings as well as domestic.

https://www.amtico.com/
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 07:34 AM

Pauline - that floor looks lovely and, I would imagine, is warmer than laminate - and quieter.

Realspeed - those puppies are so cute. Are all Afghan pups born black?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 08:40 PM

That looks great.

What you've got is LVT flooring ( Luxury Vinyl Tile Flooring)

I've just fitted some in my bathroom and kitchen.

So much better than laminate flooring, tiling, sheet vinyl or vinyl tile flooring. Practically indestructible, warm, waterproof and lovely underfoot ( not hard and cold like laminate, ceramic or vinyl)

I used Howdens for the bathroom floor and they charge about £22 per square metre

I got my kitchen flooring from The Flooring Superstore in Seabank Rd in Leith and it was about £20 per square metre.

I used the click system. Each plank is only about 6mm thick , 180mm wide and 1220 long and laid on underlay.
I fitted it myself ( I'm a Carpenter/joiner by trade). Took about 4-5 hours and that included fitting under existing door frames and architraves/trims and plinths.

I'll bet you are totally chuffed with the final result, as I am.

I'll post a pic if I work out how to!!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
That looks great.

What you've got is LVT flooring ( Luxury Vinyl Tile Flooring)

I've just fitted some in my bathroom and kitchen.

So much better than laminate flooring, tiling, sheet vinyl or vinyl tile flooring. Practically indestructible, warm, waterproof and lovely underfoot ( not hard and cold like laminate, ceramic or vinyl)

I used Howdens for the bathroom floor and they charge about £22 per square metre

I got my kitchen flooring from The Flooring Superstore in Seabank Rd in Leith and it was about £20 per square metre.

I used the click system. Each plank is only about 6mm thick , 180mm wide and 1220 long and laid on underlay.
I fitted it myself ( I'm a Carpenter/joiner by trade). Took about 4-5 hours and that included fitting under existing door frames and architraves/trims and plinths.

I'll bet you are totally chuffed with the final result, as I am.

I'll post a pic if I work out how to!!

Hi Moscow...yes I am chuffed to bits with it..eventually I would like it on my landing also the bathroom,...everyone who has seen it,compliments me on how nice and expensive it looks.

Lee who fitted it used a type of glue..left a bit of residue on the floor ,after a good wipe,no trace of it......so pleased with it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top