Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 08:39 AM

Re: Dark Nights Drawing In.

It's getting better here! Earlier morning light but this morning with a good frost. Always the sign of a great day dawning. Spring is in the air, but being New Zealand it could be winter on Monday! One of the joys of living in the "Roaring Forties"
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 08:43 AM

The older I get the more depressed I become by the prospect of autumn and winter . I guess it is because I become more aware that as the year grows ever shorter so does my time here.
Purple lizard
Somerset
Purple lizard is female 

12-09-2019, 09:04 AM

I have to say I love the nights drawing in.
We have huge illuminated carnival parades here that we take part in, so it's an exciting time of year.
The beginning of the New Year however, is a totally different story and I long for spring and lighter evenings. X
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I don't mind the dark nights - find them cosy. It is lovely to watch the seasons change.
Me too, ST - I love to settle down of an evening, cosy and by the fire. I also would miss the seasons and the differences they bring.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The older I get the more depressed I become by the prospect of autumn and winter . I guess it is because I become more aware that as the year grows ever shorter so does my time here.
My thoughts are just the same Meg .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 11:17 AM

I hate the thought of it, it depresses me tbh but each year, just as I get to the point where I think it's time to end it all, I suddenly start to enjoy it. Cosy nights, warm fires and watching the weather from the window, although this year I will be out in it walking the dog.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I hate the thought of it, it depresses me tbh but each year, just as I get to the point where I think it's time to end it all, I suddenly start to enjoy it. Cosy nights, warm fires and watching the weather from the window, although this year I will be out in it walking the dog.
While Tirzah and Olivia smile smugly to themselves on a cushion by a warm fire!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
My thoughts are just the same Meg .

Oh come on ladies, don't let it get to you.

We must try not to think these sort of thoughts.
I could easily feel much the same, but once Christmas is out the way, the nights begin to get shorter again. It soon stays light longer and longer.

I will also go through my seed catalogues and begin to plan the garden for next spring, and that always cheers me up too.

I'm sure we will all still be here next spring, and once more looking forward to the warmer days again.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Funny you should say this Shropsy, only last night I said to my husband how it had got so dark so early.

I detest dark nights, I suffer with, along with many people, SAD disorder in the winter, it's horrible and makes me feel very miserable. I am seriously thinking of buying one of those lightboxes, anything is worth a try.

Why not buy a Lighthouse.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Funny you should say this Shropsy, only last night I said to my husband how it had got so dark so early.

I detest dark nights, I suffer with, along with many people, SAD disorder in the winter, it's horrible and makes me feel very miserable. I am seriously thinking of buying one of those lightboxes, anything is worth a try.
I also suffer with SAD LQ. I have had a lightbox for many years but I haven't used it recently. Sometimes I feel too depressed to use it! I know that doesn't make sense but the misery can feel very real even though you know it is caused by the lack of daylight. Mostly it causes unexplained anxiety for me. Like a dread and hopelessness. I have found that having a sunny holiday in the Autumn helps but that's not always possible. My worst months are Nov/Dec and in Jan it's always so heartening to see the days start to get longer.

Maybe we should start a support group!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top