Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 04:23 AM

Re: Dark Nights Drawing In.

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Why not buy a Lighthouse.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I hate the thought of it, it depresses me tbh but each year, just as I get to the point where I think it's time to end it all, I suddenly start to enjoy it. Cosy nights, warm fires and watching the weather from the window, although this year I will be out in it walking the dog.
Actually watching the dog play in piles of autumn leaves is one of the happy things at this time of year. I find if you have enough happy moments in the short daylight available they keep you going through the long nights. But tbh I would prefer if we were able to hibernate until Christmas!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 06:31 AM

I used to love the dark nights, when all the Birds were "Penned" up in a warm Pub, by a roaring fire, its now depressing, those nights are now gone, along with the Pubs.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 06:32 AM

Why not buy a Lighthouse.
I have a better idea, why don't YOU buy me a lighthouse lol.

Anyway, I have a lighthouse in my garden, it's a solar light and it flashes like a real lighthouse,
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I also suffer with SAD LQ. I have had a lightbox for many years but I haven't used it recently. Sometimes I feel too depressed to use it! I know that doesn't make sense but the misery can feel very real even though you know it is caused by the lack of daylight. Mostly it causes unexplained anxiety for me. Like a dread and hopelessness. I have found that having a sunny holiday in the Autumn helps but that's not always possible. My worst months are Nov/Dec and in Jan it's always so heartening to see the days start to get longer.

Maybe we should start a support group!
I.ll join!! We can call it 'let there be light'
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I have a better idea, why don't YOU buy me a lighthouse lol.

Anyway, I have a lighthouse in my garden, it's a solar light and it flashes like a real lighthouse,
I have enough cash to buy you a Torch and a Toilet, but, doing that would just be a Flash in the Pan.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

13-09-2019, 07:03 AM

I have enough cash to buy you a Torch and a Toilet, but, doing that would just be a Flash in the Pan.
Ok, don't forget the Andrex though
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

13-09-2019, 07:05 AM

Only the best for you.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
While Tirzah and Olivia smile smugly to themselves on a cushion by a warm fire!
Grrrrrrrrr!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Actually watching the dog play in piles of autumn leaves is one of the happy things at this time of year. I find if you have enough happy moments in the short daylight available they keep you going through the long nights. But tbh I would prefer if we were able to hibernate until Christmas!
I remember the days when I would run and jump into piles of leaves..... Sigh!.....

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top